Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:35 PM

228 posts, read 444,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
I see someone mentioned Evergreen at Coursey Place. I lived there for about 3 years and loved it. If I moved back to Baton Rouge and was going to live in an apartment, I'd move right back there. It's a great complex in a really good location, at least in my opinion. You've got all you need right there. Commuting is a pain in the rear just about anywhere in BR, or it was for me, so I wouldn't care where my potential job would be.
Evergreen at Coursey Place Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Baton Rouge apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM

102 posts, read 332,720 times
I live walking distance to there and its a nice area. The traffic is bad during rush hour but if you can leave at 9:00 AM and come home after 6:00 PM you will be fine. If you like to walk there are lots of places you can walk to. I generally walk to the movies, Winn Dixie, walmart market, albersons, raising canes, Jones Creek seafood, etc, etc, etc. I didn't realize there were sidewalks to just about every where when I purchased my home here but there is and that is a big plus as some of the older neighborhoods don't have sidewalks or have sidewalks but not on the major streets so you can't walk to the grocery store or restaurants without being in traffic. Coursey has sidewalks, woo hoo! LOL

Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM

12 posts, read 29,890 times
Get ready for the summer! I'm from South Dakota and the weather is a - well, you know.
Just a heads-up, take it or leave it, but here goes:

I've never experienced the kind of crime they have here, although I've lived in quite a few other states. I'm going to LSU, and I'm always getting emergency texts about a robbery or rape near campus. Just saying, Louisiana ranks pretty dang high on crime. Oh, and lots of black people seem to hate me just for existing. I never experienced racism before I moved to the south, but I'm pretty much used to it by now. It goes both ways, of course. I've heard white people (usually older) using the n-word. First time for that too...
Not to blast the place, because I recognize all the great things about it, but as a Midwesterner there are some huge things that people here seem to take for granted. Even the "safe" apartments are completely vulnerable to intrusion. So be safe, be aware, and get some pepper spray. There's always some interesting stuff to read on tigerdroppings.com too, if you want to get some advice from locals. I ended up living in the country on the other side of the Mississippi. Not perfectly safe either, but I know all my neighbors and we look out for each other. It's also a short commute to BR - there's hardly ever any traffic, unless it's 5:00 on Friday or there's been an accident.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:30 PM

19 posts, read 38,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsandparrots View Post
Get ready for the summer! I'm from South Dakota and the weather is a - well, you know.

I've never experienced the kind of crime they have here, although I've lived in quite a few other states. I'm going to LSU, and I'm always getting emergency texts about a robbery or rape near campus. Just saying, Louisiana ranks pretty dang high on crime. Oh, and lots of black people seem to hate me just for existing. I never experienced racism before I moved to the south, but I'm pretty much used to it by now. It goes both ways, of course. I've heard white people (usually older) using the n-word. First time for that too...
Not to blast the place, because I recognize all the great things about it, but as a Midwesterner there are some huge things that people here seem to take for granted. Even the "safe" apartments are completely vulnerable to intrusion. So be safe, be aware, and get some pepper spray. There's always some interesting stuff to read on tigerdroppings.com too, if you want to get some advice from locals. I ended up living in the country on the other side of the Mississippi. Not perfectly safe either, but I know all my neighbors and we look out for each other. It's also a short commute to BR - there's hardly ever any traffic, unless it's 5:00 on Friday or there's been an accident.
Yeah being from ND I know it will be hot/humid oh well we've had days here where the humidity is high and in the 100s with heat index of 120+ (last summer). I know most of the crime is around Campus and another thing I'll have to get use to is the drivers.

My big thing is I need to find a job there before I make the move so that's going to be probably the toughest thing.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:14 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsandparrots View Post

That just doesn't happen.

White people in Baton Rouge love me.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 AM

Lot of bigotry in the black community.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficsucks View Post
You should probably move to Vidor, TX to avoid it. No bigots there!

Old 04-30-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
So you think racism is funny? How is this relevant to this website?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times
Remember , the truth is offensive to some people .

Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Quote:
So you think racism is funny? How is this relevant to this website?
That's how. It was merely a suggestion. I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge