Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 10:35 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,335,685 times

Advertisements

So who's going to be the loop cheerleader when Kip leaves ? He's the last holdout for the impossible dream .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 AM

16,505 posts, read 26,128,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
So who's going to be the loop cheerleader when Kip leaves ? He's the last holdout for the impossible dream .
I'm no fortune teller. I'm sure someone will realize we need more infrastructure. I know how most people here think widening roads will solve everything, and progress is for the liberals and New Yorkers.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM

Well , for some reason the loop commision has taken down their website . On several different occasions I went through the site looking for a traffic study that would show how the " North Bypass " would benefit motorist . There was nothing there but data showing the economic benefits of the project . That is what it's all about my friend . Money . Lots of money . For whom ? Not you and I . Well , not unless you own some land in the corridor , or maybe a construction or engineering firm .

Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Well , for some reason the loop commision has taken down their website . On several different occasions I went through the site looking for a traffic study that would show how the " North Bypass " would benefit motorist . There was nothing there but data showing the economic benefits of the project . That is what it's all about my friend . Money . Lots of money . For whom ? Not you and I . Well , not unless you own some land in the corridor , or maybe a construction or engineering firm .
North bypass is not needed nearly as much as a southern one, although a route straddling the Amite from Ascension is definitely needed. With traffic, it take far too long to travel from my house in Prairieville to O'Neal Ln.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:00 PM

Now that we can agree on .

Old 12-25-2012, 02:19 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,666,923 times
We need to make better arterial connections within the city, and we need to remove superfluous complications within the system. By that I mean that roads should keep one name for their entire length. I cannot stand the fact that Brightside, Lee, College, and Foster are the same artery, yet the artery has four different names. Same thing with Burbank, Siegen, and Sherwood Forest. We will soon have the same situation with Pecue and Stumberg.

Corporate needs to be extended to Acadian Thruway. Kenilworth needs to be extended to Nicholson. They need to complete W Parker to Nicholson. Also, there should be a cut through midway between Bluebonnet and Essen, that would have intersections with Perkins, Anselmo, Picardy, and Summa--this is one of the key pieces of infrastructure needed to alleviate traffic on Essen and Bluebonnet between Perkins and I-10.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
We need to make better arterial connections within the city, and we need to remove superfluous complications within the system. By that I mean that roads should keep one name for their entire length. I cannot stand the fact that Brightside, Lee, College, and Foster are the same artery, yet the artery has four different names. Same thing with Burbank, Siegen, and Sherwood Forest. We will soon have the same situation with Pecue and Stumberg.

Corporate needs to be extended to Acadian Thruway. Kenilworth needs to be extended to Nicholson. They need to complete W Parker to Nicholson. Also, there should be a cut through midway between Bluebonnet and Essen, that would have intersections with Perkins, Anselmo, Picardy, and Summa--this is one of the key pieces of infrastructure needed to alleviate traffic on Essen and Bluebonnet between Perkins and I-10.
Coursey and Bluebonnet are the same way.

For the bold section, I've made this suggestion once. A road called South Medical District Blvd or something that has a ramp similar to the Mall Of LA.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,666,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Coursey and Bluebonnet are the same way.

For the bold section, I've made this suggestion once. A road called South Medical District Blvd or something that has a ramp similar to the Mall Of LA.
It just makes so much sense!

Old 12-26-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
It just makes so much sense!
Something state and local officials don't have.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,401,371 times
A southern bypass that might end up at the Sunshine Bridge would make a lot of sense — something like a bypass over in the Birmingham area. Ideally it could then pass north of Gonzales, crossing over I-10 then terminating at I-12 somewhere east of Watson. Only one major bridge would have to be built.

The days when Kip and Bobby leave office will be memorable... and very happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge