Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 11:17 AM

24 posts, read 51,652 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am moving to BR and would like to stay in south BR. I found a couple apartment complexes that look decent. Has anyone had personal experience with them (crime / good staff) or know someone who has?

They are:

Mansions in the Park (on Perkins)
The Park at Bluebonnet (on Bluebonnet south of Perkins)

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 PM

305 posts, read 750,302 times
I have heard they look a lot nicer than they are. Cheaply built and the walls make it so that it isn't as quiet as you would expect from a somewhat upscale complex. Just what some old friends who lived there told me. Other opinions may differ. Good luck.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3dw View Post
I have heard they look a lot nicer than they are. Cheaply built and the walls make it so that it isn't as quiet as you would expect from a somewhat upscale complex. Just what some old friends who lived there told me. Other opinions may differ. Good luck.
Thanks. Which ones were you referring to, Mansion in the Park or The Park at Bluebonnet?

Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 AM

305 posts, read 750,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Thanks. Which ones were you referring to, Mansion in the Park or The Park at Bluebonnet?
Mansions in the Park.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:08 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
You could do much worse. I think there are alot of people who would love to live at either of the complexes you mention.

I can sometimes hear what goes on the other side of the wall in my house, and it wasn't constructed cheaply. When people move into an apartment complex, they should expect some noise. You can't avoid it living in such close proximity to others.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:56 AM

I decided to go with Mansions in the Park. I move in the middle of July. I'll post back shortly after to let anyone else who is looking for apartments to see my opinion of it. Thanks all.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:41 PM

100 posts, read 148,288 times
Quote:
I decided to go with Mansions in the Park. I move in the middle of July. I'll post back shortly after to let anyone else who is looking for apartments to see my opinion of it. Thanks all.
YES please do...I'm probably moving to Baton Rouge/Hammond/Covington...somewhere around there most likely in Aug... but I'm hoping to find a house to rent. But let me know how Manions in the Park is.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:11 PM

SMOKEY2112, have you found a place to live? I have been at Mansions in the Park for only three days, so take what I say with a grain of salt. So far the people above me are very noisy. I can hear them walking from one end of the apartment to the other. Not sure if they are just heavy walkers or the ceilings / floors are just thin. Other than that it seems like a good place. The grounds are very nice. I have lots of closet space and the master bathroom is really big.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 AM

100 posts, read 148,288 times
Quote:
SMOKEY2112, have you found a place to live? I have been at Mansions in the Park for only three days, so take what I say with a grain of salt. So far the people above me are very noisy. I can hear them walking from one end of the apartment to the other. Not sure if they are just heavy walkers or the ceilings / floors are just thin. Other than that it seems like a good place. The grounds are very nice. I have lots of closet space and the master bathroom is really big.
I'm still looking but I really like that Highland Club place...I decided that I should just probably live in an apt for the first year that's kinda close to a bunch of different things and in a complex with like a pool, fitness center, etc... I'm still looking...and deciding...but that's one of the places I do like alot... at least on the internet lol

That stinks about the noisy walkers...but I guess that's kinda expected in an apt... but I'm glad it seems to be a nice place for you... I have that place on my short list as well...but now my son who turned 18 years old today is probably moving with us so I might be getting a 3bd and I think I remember that Mansions doesn't have 3bds.. How is the area

I was just wondering how you were doing a week or so ago... glad you got all moved!

Old 07-30-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEY2112 View Post
I'm still looking but I really like that Highland Club place...I decided that I should just probably live in an apt for the first year that's kinda close to a bunch of different things and in a complex with like a pool, fitness center, etc... I'm still looking...and deciding...but that's one of the places I do like alot... at least on the internet lol

That stinks about the noisy walkers...but I guess that's kinda expected in an apt... but I'm glad it seems to be a nice place for you... I have that place on my short list as well...but now my son who turned 18 years old today is probably moving with us so I might be getting a 3bd and I think I remember that Mansions doesn't have 3bds.. How is the area

I was just wondering how you were doing a week or so ago... glad you got all moved!
I have heard good things about the Highland Club apartments. You are correct, Mansions in the Park doesn't have 3 bedroom apartments. Having a box fan run at night does help a bit with the elephants, I mean residents who live above me

Other than that, I have been very happy at Mansions in the Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge