U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,973 times

Advertisements

First, I read all of the past posts about Shenandoah. My question is what is the typical commute time to LSU during rush hour traffic from the Shenandoah area now that most of the construction seems to be complete. Past posts indicate it was quite long, but most of these posts are from 2008-2009.

Second, what is your overall opinion of Shenandoah Ridge Townhomes? I have never seen these in person. The crime in the area is extremely low. Obviously, no cool city vibe, but I'm fine with that. I just wonder what your general impression/opinion is of these townhomes.

Thanks,
Amanda
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 11:52 PM

15,240 posts, read 22,491,499 times
Probably about 50mins, maybe more. I've never had to make that commute. Construction on O'Neal is still in action, which is pretty much gridlocked all day.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:07 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,003,918 times
You don't have to take O'Neal Ln , but 50 minutes is probably a fair estimate .

Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,961 times
Just to keep from starting another thread on the same topic, I'll bump this one. I am moving right around the block from the Shenandoah Ridge Town homes.... down Antioch Blvd. What are some of the best routes to commute to the Bluebonnet area? Everyone at my work has differing opinions and "it depends" situations. Will the completion of the projects like Woodlake Drive Bridge & Oneal Lane increase or decrease traffic in the area?

Also, where I can find more info on the Shenandoah neighborhood... wiki says the streets are named after Civil war places/battles/etc. Is there any significance to this? Also, are there different sections of Shenandoah? I've heard terms like "North", "Front", "Back", "Park", "Estates", etc when referring to the subdivision but I have no clue as to where they are.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,973 times
Mermaid,

I don't really know the answer to your question, but when I went to look at the property the realtor told me to take Highland to get to LSU.

FWIW to anyone who might be looking at the Shenandoah Ridge Townhomes--this place looks absolutely fine during the day. I actually was considering making an offer on a foreclosure. I happened to catch a resident who was outside getting into her car. She told me there were gunshots, robberies, drug use, and police presence all the time. She said that the problems stem from one street over over Kennesaw. She advised me to stay far far away from the townhomes. She said it is totally misleading during the day. I have no reason to doubt anything she said because she herself had a townhome for sale. She said she was desperate to leave the area because it was so dangerous.

Trulia shows the area to be very safe and it looked safe to me. Always try to talk to some neighbors and ask about the area if you can and visit it at different times during the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge