Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,493,821 times

Advertisements

Hi all! Just a quick opinion. I live near the New Womans Hospital and have had our home up for sale over 6 weeks in a nice neighborhood. I am wondering why my house has not sold with over 23 showings. The price is the lowest in the neighborhood(we just lowered it 9,000), 4 ned 3 full bath, corner lot, nice big backyard and a realtor that is trying everything she can to help us sell it as we are moving to Florida. it is in great shape. I have heard the Lakes at jamestown is taking away home sales in the area, could that be true, also, that neighborhood is really close to train tracks that have trains going by all day long, I would hate that. Any thoughts y'all? thanks

Old 05-14-2014, 04:07 PM

154 posts, read 347,532 times
Ask your agent for specific feedback she and the sellers' agents hear from lookers. That's a nice # of showings, so it's possible something is turning prospective buyers off *after* they come for a look-see. If these lookers are buying a place, see if your agent can tell you what they bought instead of yours so you can try to glean information from that.

Do you have pets with odors? Indoor smoking? Busy street? Yard *too* big?

Is your agent not telling you things she should tell you - too much clutter? Decorating is too personalized and prospective buyers don't want to spend money/time to change?

Visit some open houses that are in your approximate price range - how do they compare with what you're offering? Do they "show" better than your house does - if yes, what can you do to make your house show better?

Old 05-15-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzurie View Post
Ask your agent for specific feedback she and the sellers' agents hear from lookers. That's a nice # of showings, so it's possible something is turning prospective buyers off *after* they come for a look-see. If these lookers are buying a place, see if your agent can tell you what they bought instead of yours so you can try to glean information from that.

Do you have pets with odors? Indoor smoking? Busy street? Yard *too* big?

Is your agent not telling you things she should tell you - too much clutter? Decorating is too personalized and prospective buyers don't want to spend money/time to change?

Visit some open houses that are in your approximate price range - how do they compare with what you're offering? Do they "show" better than your house does - if yes, what can you do to make your house show better?
Hi there! yes, we have had about 7 people give feedback and some said floor plan not what they wanted, we are not on a busy streetm, but have a corner lot on kinda one of the main neighborhood streets, but only one person commented that it was too busy, of course they came right at 5-6 and it is
busy at that time, but the rest of the time it is not. All said overpriced exceot one, we lowered the price 9,000 just last friday. Almost every agent, though, ssaid the house was lovely and showed very well, so I think that part is ok, I am OCD so clutter has never been an isssue in my house...thanks for all your help, any more is appreciated!!

Old 05-15-2014, 12:29 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,558,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
Hi there! yes, we have had about 7 people give feedback and some said floor plan not what they wanted, we are not on a busy streetm, but have a corner lot on kinda one of the main neighborhood streets, but only one person commented that it was too busy, of course they came right at 5-6 and it is
busy at that time, but the rest of the time it is not. All said overpriced exceot one, we lowered the price 9,000 just last friday. Almost every agent, though, ssaid the house was lovely and showed very well, so I think that part is ok, I am OCD so clutter has never been an isssue in my house...thanks for all your help, any more is appreciated!!
Perhaps your realtor is not advertising it enough to the people who would be most interested in it. What exactly is it about the floor plan the prospective buyer didn't like? I don't know if you want to invest in any remodeling but perhaps it could be as simple as knocking out a wall to make a more open floor plan(non load bearing walls only of course) ? It may not be your fault at all. The market is softening . Maybe people are just not buying as quickly right now. Check to see if other homes are selling any faster than yours in the same price range and location.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Perhaps your realtor is not advertising it enough to the people who would be most interested in it. What exactly is it about the floor plan the prospective buyer didn't like? I don't know if you want to invest in any remodeling but perhaps it could be as simple as knocking out a wall to make a more open floor plan(non load bearing walls only of course) ? It may not be your fault at all. The market is softening . Maybe people are just not buying as quickly right now. Check to see if other homes are selling any faster than yours in the same price range and location.
She sent me a text that she has tried everything and that she was going to send out postcardswith our house pic and info on them to areas where people would be most interested , she seems sincerne in her efforts. Two people said they wanted and open floor plan, but the rest thought the floor plan was great(split floor plan). I personally hate open florr plans, but to each his own LOL! Average days on market in our neighborhood is between 3 days to 145 days! its crazy! I just want to get on with life ya know! Thanks for listening!

Old 05-17-2014, 05:43 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,433,004 times
Something's up, people only look at houses that meet their criteria so the fact that 23 people liked your house on paper and didn't in real life means something alright! Is it outdated? Crazy colors? Post a link to your houses online posting maybe we can figure something out.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:01 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,464,560 times
Pay an appraiser to come out, do a walk-through and give you an appraisal. Pay for his expertise as to how the house looks, suggestions.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:22 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,978,676 times
Paint the house in neutral colors. Steam clean carpeting and drapes.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Something's up, people only look at houses that meet their criteria so the fact that 23 people liked your house on paper and didn't in real life means something alright! Is it outdated? Crazy colors? Post a link to your houses online posting maybe we can figure something out.
Hi there, no, its not outdated, but we only have a granite island in the kitchen and most homes these days have granite all over the kitchen and bathrooms, also we have a burgandy room in front, which no one has negatively commented on and a warm shade of brown on two walls in the living room again, no one seems to think the colors are crazy. Now, my one room, has purple walls and I mean a nice purple darkish lavendar. One guy asked if we would paint that room if he made an offer and we said any color you want and he never made the offer! How do I post the pics?

Old 05-19-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Paint the house in neutral colors. Steam clean carpeting and drapes.
we have thought about that, but my husband has two jobs I have 2 part time jobs and we cannot afford to pay painters, but our realtor says our two painted rooms are fine, very nice warm undertones. Steam cleaning carpets we did, but may redo along with drapes, good ideas! thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge