Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 04:17 PM

135 posts, read 477,266 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are staying at Bluebonnet & the interstate.

Where are some close by resonable price good places to eat, Will have 2 kids in tow with us also?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 04:33 PM

794 posts, read 3,344,855 times
There are plenty of good places around there. Depends on what you want, how much you're willing to spend.
Around the mall area itself, I've always liked Logans, J. Alexanders and Cheesecake Bistro. I didn't like Bennigan's (mostly because of service).
I think Ralph & Kacoo's is there, but I'm going to be honest and say I've never been. I've never had an interest. I know that will probably come as a shock for most locals.

Now down the street on Bluebonnet closer to Perkins is Buffalo Wild Wings which is a cool sports bar. Also Boutin's is a more authentic south Louisiana flavor restaurant. If you want something fun and authentic Louisiana, that would be a good choice.

For interest, there are a few big things down the road on Siegen Lane: Joe's Crab Shack, Texas Roadhouse, Chili's, Corky's BBQ, Olive Garden, and a IHOP (maybe for breakfast if you choose, but there's also a Cafe du Monde inside the Mall of Louisiana that opens up before the actual mall does).

Enjoy.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 AM

16 posts, read 60,278 times
Boutin's is definitely worth checking out. It can get really crowded at night, but the food is excellent and they even have cajun dancing. The prices at Boutin's are not bad, either. I've seen children in Boutin's before. They have Louisiana cuisine, so it really depends on what your kids like to eat as to how much they'll like it.

I know that Ralph and Kacoo's is really popular around here. Maybe it's just because I'm not from here, but I was disappointed with it. My personal opinion is that it was overpriced, and I was disappointed in the food. I do know that it's really popular, though, so maybe we were just there on a bad night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: