Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 10:59 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,467 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I am one of those old luddites who hasn't made it into the 21st century year. I have been hanging on to this plain Jane 10 year old 3G cell phone with the hopes that I don't have to think about them. This is NOT a smart phone, just a plain old phone. My daughter tells me that the world is going to cut service to old 3G phones next February so I dutifully went to the website for the phone I have which was bought at the Target on Seigen Lane.

They still had two plain old non smart phones, so I bought the more expensive of them, an LG model.

When it arrived I set it up and had the enormous amount of time transferred from the 3G phone to the new 4G model. It didn't work after all the time taken to do it right. The message I got was that the SIM card was missing. I called customer service for help and had this curt woman with a foreign accent tell me that they do not take back phones for repair, just go find someone locally who can fix it for me.

So, if anyone knows of a place in BR that will fix a SIM problem on an LG L125DCPphone, please leave a message here, and thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 07:02 AM

3 posts, read 4,964 times
There was a place on Sherwood Forest@I-12, on the south side of the interstate, I don't know if they are still there....been a couple of years, I can't remember the name.

It's where Harrels Ferry meets Sherwood Forest.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,849,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Hey everyone, I am one of those old luddites who hasn't made it into the 21st century year. I have been hanging on to this plain Jane 10 year old 3G cell phone with the hopes that I don't have to think about them. This is NOT a smart phone, just a plain old phone. My daughter tells me that the world is going to cut service to old 3G phones next February so I dutifully went to the website for the phone I have which was bought at the Target on Seigen Lane.

They still had two plain old non smart phones, so I bought the more expensive of them, an LG model.

When it arrived I set it up and had the enormous amount of time transferred from the 3G phone to the new 4G model. It didn't work after all the time taken to do it right. The message I got was that the SIM card was missing. I called customer service for help and had this curt woman with a foreign accent tell me that they do not take back phones for repair, just go find someone locally who can fix it for me.

So, if anyone knows of a place in BR that will fix a SIM problem on an LG L125DCPphone, please leave a message here, and thanks.
Get a SIM card before the hurricane hits

Old 09-04-2021, 07:56 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Get a SIM card before the hurricane hits
I ordered one from the company--Ingram Micro, a name that should be familiar to anyone who knows about computer distribution--three days before the storm and it was shipped via FedEx the day BEFORE Ida hit the coast. I kept tracking it, and over the next several days it showed progress to various locations between Indiana where it originated to Holden, on August 31, then it began showing out for delivery thee days ago.

I ordered another from Ingram this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: