Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:12 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,304,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
Why don't you complain to people that : 1. Care , 2: Have the power to affect change .

Coming here and picking a fight just makes you as low class as the people you are complaining about . This applies to you as well Mr. Steeler dude .
Read the title of the forum before you post in it. Dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 06:17 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,979 times
I have .

Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,823 times
Quote:
I have .
Good. Dude.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:21 AM

595 posts, read 1,173,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnvr2late View Post
Name one backwoods white person that does.

It's all relative.
I did.Have You ever heard of Him ?

Old 01-31-2011, 09:54 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
One would have to be amazingly uniformed to form his attitude of the DC area from the info found at the links that Steelers10 provided. Having lived there for much of my life, I can tell you that there's literally NOTHING that could prompt me to return.

What's more is that while the DC area may well be the richest in the country, its economy is based solely on taxing hard-working Americans like you and me and then paying government employees -- far, far, far more of them than we actually need -- wages and benefits that are much higher than anyone else except union workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post

Please feel free to read below some reasons why one would go to metropolitan Washington D.C.:

D.C. region is nation's richest, most educated

MARYLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS RANK NUMBER ONE AGAIN

America's Best And Worst Job Markets:Washington, D.C., is hot, and so is Austin. Miami and Southern California lag badly.

The Washington D.C. metropolitan housing market is in the recovery cycle — ahead of the rest of the nation, according to a new housing report (http://www.reoi.com/news/washington-d-c-housing-market-in-recovery-mode-mrisdelta - broken link)

Washington County's Morgan named national superintendent of the year

I hope you all enjoy these articles. Meanwhile let's all pray for Louisiana and the rest of the Deep South that the shroud of ignorance will be lifted!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:41 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Oh, and which Washington County is that?

Old 01-31-2011, 01:24 PM

15 posts, read 13,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
One would have to be amazingly uniformed to form his attitude of the DC area from the info found at the links that Steelers10 provided. Having lived there for much of my life, I can tell you that there's literally NOTHING that could prompt me to return.

What's more is that while the DC area may well be the richest in the country, its economy is based solely on taxing hard-working Americans like you and me.
Sounds like Louisiana. Gets way more money back from the fed than they pay in.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:55 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnvr2late View Post
Sounds like Louisiana. Gets way more money back from the fed than they pay in.
Is that all you got ? Posting that same old tired line under different screen names is getting kinda boring .

Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 PM

15 posts, read 13,235 times
No I don't have anything. I'm simply stating a fact. Overall, Louisiana is known as a conservative state. After talking with the locals for the years I've been here, I've found most are against big government and against taxes. However, Louisiana receives far more in federal funding than it provides in tax revenue.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:42 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,304,209 times
Default Thank you for moving

Quote:
Is that all you got ? Posting that same old tired line under different screen names is getting kinda boring .
Well maybe you will enjoy hearing it from another source, Louisiana is a welfare queen that pays the second lowest amount of federal taxes per capita and receives back the fourth highest amount per capita. As a matter of fact, almost all red states are welfare queens. Ironic isn't it?

Quote:
Quote:
What's more is that while the DC area may well be the richest in the country, its economy is based solely on taxing hard-working Americans like you and me and then paying government employees -- far, far, far more of them than we actually need -- wages and benefits that are much higher than anyone else except union workers.
That should be "uninformed" not "uniformed". Once again, the uneducated don't make it very far in metro DC. By the way, Maryland residents pay the fifth highest federal taxes per capita and Washington D.C. residents pay the highest federal taxes per capita. Not surprising this population (which would have been the 36th largest state at the time when tax rates for the wealthy were at their highest in the 20th century) has no Senators or voting representation in Congress to prevent red states from bleeding the United States into oblivion with their self-entitlement spending.

Quote:
Oh, and which Washington County is that?
Maybe you should have actually read the links you were criticizing. That would be Washington County, Maryland (as it clearly stated in the article). You know, the first jurisdiction in the United States named after George Washington (in 1776) over 20 years before Washington D.C. was carved out of Maryland territory to become the official capital of the United States. So, you lived in the DC area most of your life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge