Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 10:08 AM

6 posts, read 18,477 times

Advertisements

im moving to br area in about a month....can someone refer me to a very good daycare ...in home or a facility is fine just somewhere that can teach my child and seriously care for her..also if you have the cost, i'd like to have that info also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:16 PM

100 posts, read 392,294 times
LSU has as good daycare program on Gourrier Ave@ Burbank Drive.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:39 PM

Smile thanks--more questions

thanks so much for the reply. would you happen to know the name of it or would i just go to the lsu website and find it?? also my husband will be working at the greyhound on Florida St. I hear that it is not so nice to live in that area so could you refer me to some apartments that would be nice to move in that arent ragedy. we are also interested in renting a home in a nice area. anything 30-45 min out would be an ok drive for us. would that daycare you mentioned be somewhere near greyhound??

Old 07-28-2008, 05:39 AM

96 posts, read 338,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southland View Post
LSU has as good daycare program on Gourrier Ave@ Burbank Drive.
...sure, if you can get in. It is almost impossible unless a kid drops from the program so expect waiting list....

Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 PM

3 posts, read 51,849 times
Univerisity United Methodist Preschool is great. My daughter started there as a 2 year old. They truly do care about the kids there, and the preschool director knows all of them by name. Also, the school was recently rennovated.

I know there is a currently a waiting list, but I also know people who got their kids into the school who were way down on the waiting list. For care between 7:30am and 5:00pm, it's $490/month. Hope this helps.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:03 AM

96 posts, read 338,425 times
.. at the LSU daycare the fee is prorated based on income though; which is a plus if you don't make a lot. I love the LSU daycare, compared to what I've see around. At least I didn't see any TV's which seems to be what most places use to idiotize kids and keep them still

Old 08-06-2008, 02:55 PM

Thanks...I've searched the web for rental houses...anybody know of some in BR and the surrounding places??

MODERATOR: No soliciting or private ads may be listed in the state forums of City Data. Please, for info such as this, post in the Classified Ads. If anyone knows of anything they may reach the poster by direct messaging, but not on the open board.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 08-07-2008 at 03:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge