Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:45 PM

110 posts, read 390,439 times

Advertisements

Where can you fly Non-Stop from BTR besides ATL,DFW, and IAH. Why isn't there a Van company offering Shuttle service from your doorstep to BTR and MSY and back..this would be a great business venture for someone with time and patience to run in South Lousiana....Seem like Shreveport has a a few more nonstops than BTR ,so does Jackson , MS..wassup with that? I've used Jackson from BWI to save money and I've seen SHV had a couple of west coast non stops.. I've heard the DCA non stop was going to stop. Are the DCA and LGA nonstops still running?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 12:09 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
I think Delta has nonstop flights to Cincinatti, New York, Orlando, and D.C., at least they did for a while if they don't anymore. The main reason BTR airport doesn't offer many flights is because it is under used because of the proximity of the much larger (and cheaper) Armstrong International in Kenner. It is much easier for one to go from Baton Rouge to Kenner is just over an hour. From Shreveport to Dallas is almost three hours. From Jackson to Kenner is two hours and fourty minutes and three hours to Memphis. I hear folks in Shreveport still go to Dallas mostly, though, because of the expense. I don't know about Jackson.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:21 AM

So BR should just tear down its airport, i hate flying home..Everytime i have a connecting flight in ATL i always miss it because of delays or traffic. A direct flight would be great...just cheacked Delta doesn't offer a non stop any more...Flying to NOLA is a pain too...Would be easier if there was a shuttle to the airport...pick me up and drop me off..

Old 08-02-2008, 12:33 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubianbrotha View Post
So BR should just tear down its airport, i hate flying home..Everytime i have a connecting flight in ATL i always miss it because of delays or traffic. A direct flight would be great...just cheacked Delta doesn't offer a non stop any more...Flying to NOLA is a pain too...Would be easier if there was a shuttle to the airport...pick me up and drop me off..
Underused doesn't mean not used. There were 800,000 passengers last year. I absolutely HATE connecting in Dallas. It's like they want you to go from gate 1 to gate 400 in like 5 seconds.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:33 AM

100 posts, read 392,249 times
I"ve taken non stop flights to DC and up until recently, BTR offered non stop flights to Denver.

Shreveport and Baton Rouge are both going to lose some flights in the future.

Delta and the Atlanta airport is the sorriest bunch of people ever. I hate ASA....every flight from Atlanta is either delayed, canceled, or has some kind of mechanical problem.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southland View Post
I"ve taken non stop flights to DC and up until recently, BTR offered non stop flights to Denver.

Delta and the Atlanta airport is the sorriest bunch of people ever. I hate ASA....every flight from Atlanta is either delayed, canceled, or has some kind of mechanical problem.
Amen, Why isn't there are shuttle service to the airports in south louisiana..?

Old 08-02-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Underused doesn't mean not used. There were 800,000 passengers last year. I absolutely HATE connecting in Dallas. It's like they want you to go from gate 1 to gate 400 in like 5 seconds.
Hadn't done DFW in a while. But i can say connecting flights to South Louisiana, even NOLA sometimes make me wanna stay put.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:13 PM

Are there still talks of a regional airport for south louisiana?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:29 PM

768 posts, read 4,386,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
I think Delta has nonstop flights to Cincinatti, New York, Orlando, and D.C., at least they did for a while if they don't anymore. The main reason BTR airport doesn't offer many flights is because it is under used because of the proximity of the much larger (and cheaper) Armstrong International in Kenner. It is much easier for one to go from Baton Rouge to Kenner is just over an hour. From Shreveport to Dallas is almost three hours. From Jackson to Kenner is two hours and fourty minutes and three hours to Memphis. I hear folks in Shreveport still go to Dallas mostly, though, because of the expense. I don't know about Jackson.
Little Rock for me. It's the same distance from Shreveport as Dallas and offers more airlines with service to more cities and lower prices. Since Southwest hasn't flown out of Shreveport in many years, when my wife and I go to Chicago we always fly out of Little Rock. It's also a smaller airport than DFW, but larger than Shreveport's. It's a win-win for us every time.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:31 PM

768 posts, read 4,386,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southland View Post

SHV is losing some direct flights to Chicago. What is BTR losing? Not that SHV's loss really affects me, because like I said in another thread, I don't fly out of this expensive, underserved airport in Shreveport anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge