Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2008, 08:45 PM

4 posts, read 8,726 times

Advertisements

Im being moved on short notice, by my company. ill be working in Baton Rouge but im looking for fairly affordable apartments in a good area. im trying to find a good cost in a decent area but i have no idea where to look. im looking for about 750 to 1000 square foot in the 6 to 700 range. any suggestions or areas to absolutly stay away from would be helpful and appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 06:50 AM

794 posts, read 3,356,543 times
1br / 2br? 750-1000 sqft, I'm assuming 2br because I only know of one place with 800sqft 1br apartments in the Bocage area for less than $700. Jeff. East.
Don't know about any openings anywhere though. The 2br in the same complex are about $700 as well, but I don't know how big they are.
The Warwick I think has similar apartments that are higher in price but they include the bulk of your bills, (I think cable, phone, internet and electricity).
Most places I know in BTR usually have 600-700 sqft 1br.
I would only advise on Denham if you have family, kids, need a good school, and don't mind the traffic coming into EBR. Otherwise, based on your short criteria list, I believe you could find something in a good area of South BR or Bocage even.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM

thanks yeah ive found a number of apartments in the south BR area east of LSU, i was curious about the areas around hwy 12 south of florida blvd say around around broadmoor or east of it, or areas between jefferson terrace and shenandoah? any thoughts?

Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 PM

I take it you mean I-12? Not familiar with a Hwy 12 in town besides the freeway version. Those areas you reference are all pretty decent areas for homes, but there are some spot areas concerning apartments, especially close to the interstate, and particularly Blvd de Province. South of I-12 is generally okay. Traffic is more of an issue, especially around Sherwood/Coursey. Shenandoah itself is old but nice. I know several people who live in there and they're all middle class, office worker types, engineers, etc.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:10 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,411,780 times
Amen to the traffic. It would help us if we knew where you would be working.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:59 PM

yeah sorry meant I-12 i will be working at the carquest distrbution center, which i believe is just north of I-12 on oak villa

Old 10-26-2008, 08:59 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,411,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagan1287 View Post
yeah sorry meant I-12 i will be working at the carquest distrbution center, which i believe is just north of I-12 on oak villa
Thanks, that part of town is rather industrial in nature. There are lots of apartments to the west of there, especially along Lobdell, but my guess is that you would not want to be living there. I'd suggest looking to the east of your work place along Greenwell Springs Rd, and perhaps in Denham Springs.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:57 AM

You'll definitely want to stay out of Mall City and that area around Lobdell. It seems to be one of those few places that is actually worse (and not better) than it looks (based on typical news reports and crime statistics).

Good news is that it really isn't that far from Carquest to places like Bocage and along Jefferson Hwy, or areas around Old Hammond, Sherwood, north of I-12 (all decent to nice and affordable areas if you're renting). On a regular day, I can get to Cortana in less than 10 minutes (which includes getting in the car and backing out and such). So maybe 15-20 during rush hour at the most. Mornings should be no problem. Afternoons, it would just depend.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:10 PM

thanks for your input, i was able to find a decent place off of old hammond near towncentre, the commute seems to not be a huge problem as its only 3 miles to my work from there.

i really appreciate your guys input on this thread and others, it was a big help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge