U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2007, 01:39 PM

5 posts, read 15,246 times

Advertisements

My family may be relocating east of Baton Rouge. I have never been to Louisana. I have 2 small children. Where is a safe place to live with my family.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 12:55 AM

76 posts, read 490,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbennett View Post
My family may be relocating east of Baton Rouge. I have never been to Louisana. I have 2 small children. Where is a safe place to live with my family.
East along I-10 or along I-12? If I-10, I would say Ascension Parish. If I-12, Denham Springs is nice and it is very close to Baton Rouge. Good luck.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:48 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,120,451 times
Quote:
Does it have to be to the east ? The commuting traffic on I-12 is HORRIBLE, and there always seem to be wrecks. Not knowing where ya'll are working, you may want to look
at Zachary and/or W. Feliciana Parish (St. Francisville).

Old 04-27-2007, 10:37 AM

3 posts, read 14,683 times
Tell us where you are working-- safe=Livingston parish- great schools but urban sprawl and traffic!

Tell us what other interests you have-

Old 04-27-2007, 07:26 PM

11 posts, read 49,139 times
I-12: South or East Baton Rouge, Denham Springs (growing very fast), Livingston, Hammond, and Mandeville. Any of those places are pretty nice. Like another poster was saying, traffic between Baton Rouge and Denham Springs is really bad.

I-10: Prairieville and Gonzales are nice.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:04 AM

5 posts, read 15,246 times
Thanks for the help. We will be working in Livingston Parish area. I would like to be close to shopping and where the schools are good.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 PM

18 posts, read 72,413 times
Quote:
Thanks for the help. We will be working in Livingston Parish area. I would like to be close to shopping and where the schools are good.
There will be a new Bass Pro Shop opening in December right there in Denham and there's a new mall planned one exit down at Juban Rd. You can't beat the school system and the more 'stuff' that comes up in Denham means less trips to Baton Rouge! Thats the best way to avoid the traffic in my opinion!

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by Marka; 06-03-2007 at 02:50 AM..

Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,325,161 times
Default welcome

I think that all the others are correct. I have heard the commute to and from Livingston is pretty bad, but then again, trafic is pretty bad anywhere you move to! I love Baton Rouge, if you want to live in this area, there are lots of new neighborhoods going up as well. Good Luck and welcome to Louisiana, I hope you are happy here!

Old 06-12-2007, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 8,727 times
You want to try Walker area. Best of both worlds. Close to shopping, with more on the way, and rural enough to be more safe. Government schools are passable, far better than almost anywhere else in the area. And, close enough to essential services. Land prices are on the way up, however. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge