U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 09:29 PM

101 posts, read 236,676 times

Advertisements

I'm so happy, I just have to share. Since moving to Baton Rouge in early spring I've been looking for a great hairstylist -- I found her!! I wholeheartedly recommend Cynthia of Studio Urbane on Jefferson Highway. She got rid of the mullet another salon gave me, she corrected the color that yet another salon put on me. At last, after 4 month I have my great hair back.

Oh, something else I love in Baton Rouge -- Jefferson Place Condominiums. The management is very responsive, the homes are so well laid out and decorated. I'm really happy with the location -- don't have to deal with the Perkins Rowe/Bluebonnet traffic. So convenient.

Wait, one more thing -- Laurie, the pedicurist at Via Veneto on Corporate. She does a great job.

I'm still looking for a good bike shop, a tailor and a dentist -- any suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,063,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR_Bound View Post
I'm so happy, I just have to share. Since moving to Baton Rouge in early spring I've been looking for a great hairstylist -- I found her!! I wholeheartedly recommend Cynthia of Studio Urbane on Jefferson Highway. She got rid of the mullet another salon gave me, she corrected the color that yet another salon put on me. At last, after 4 month I have my great hair back.

Oh, something else I love in Baton Rouge -- Jefferson Place Condominiums. The management is very responsive, the homes are so well laid out and decorated. I'm really happy with the location -- don't have to deal with the Perkins Rowe/Bluebonnet traffic. So convenient.

Wait, one more thing -- Laurie, the pedicurist at Via Veneto on Corporate. She does a great job.

I'm still looking for a good bike shop, a tailor and a dentist -- any suggestions?
Bike shop - Either Capital Cyclery on Essen, The Bicycle Shop on Highland Road (near the north gates of LSU), or Dave's Bike Repair

Dentist - R Michael Lee (off Coursey/Cedarcrest) or Keith Lorio (off Perkins near Bluebonnet)

Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM

595 posts, read 1,043,997 times
I use Capital Cyclery on Florida at Airline Hwy very nice to deal with,I find The Bicycle Shop on Highland to be a bit Pricey(Almost on LSU campus with no body else in the area) But just depends On which is closer to You.Another Dentist You might check out is The Barksdale clinic on Coursey.Good luck.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:43 AM

101 posts, read 236,676 times
Thanks for the bike recommendations. I dropped mine off with Dave yesterday. He's great and it was fun to talk about old times -- he's done some cycling in Texas and I just moved from there.

The dentist... with dread, I'll call one this week.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:20 PM

1,762 posts, read 3,135,924 times
I'd recommend Kenneth Wilkinson, DDS, except that he's in such demand that you have to call a month in advance. His office is right off Goodwood at 719 E. Airport Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge