U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:22 AM

3,226 posts, read 8,306,433 times

Advertisements

I don't see why BR could not be the next boom town . It definitely have more natural resources than Austin plus the restaurants are better.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 PM

261 posts, read 586,770 times
No....but it would make a great Newark, NJ.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:40 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,039,891 times
I have resided in Austin as well as Baton Rouge and there is no way in Hades that Baton Rotten could ever become an Austin.

You have too many racists and rednecks. Sorry.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,253,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
I have resided in Austin as well as Baton Rouge and there is no way in Hades that Baton Rotten could ever become an Austin.

Lol...and Texas doesn't??

WOW...out of all the reasons that Baton Rouge could not become an Austin, why would you pick such a foolish one?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:23 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,813,833 times
Baton rouge is not in a geographically ideal place, nor is it designed for rapid growth like Texas cities are. Despite being the oldest city in Louisiana, growth of the city has been very very slow. Now that it has accelerated, the old infrastructure is struggling to keep pace and the same is happening around Lafayette. Louisiana just isnt a well thought out state and part of that can be contributed to our laissez faire history.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Baton rouge is not in a geographically ideal place, nor is it designed for rapid growth like Texas cities are. Despite being the oldest city in Louisiana, growth of the city has been very very slow. Now that it has accelerated, the old infrastructure is struggling to keep pace and the same is happening around Lafayette. Louisiana just isnt a well thought out state and part of that can be contributed to our laissez faire history.
They said the same thing about Las Vegas

Old 08-14-2009, 02:14 AM

102 posts, read 304,858 times
I must be the only one that hate skyscrapers. Downtown can be redeveloped without them I hope. I love looking at the river and the bridge, even Huey's Capitol building. I look forward to seeing its red & green lights during the holidays. I would hate to see all of that blocked by 100 story buildings. When ever I go to the observation deck at the State Cap. building and look around the city up from up there its just feels... relaxing for lack of a better word. Would hate to go up there one day and only be able to see other buildings.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:48 PM

261 posts, read 586,770 times
No, Austin definitely has enough racists and rednecks. Austin is the product of good marketing, that's pretty much the deal. It's not the liberal paradise people try to make it out to be and it's cheap compared to...Cali etc. UT being there helps to diversity it of course and people moving from Cali for cheaper housing costs etc...but the city is still very segregated. The only real difference is the number of tech companies in Austin v. BR. I'm sure BR has it's own street where college pukes feel free to projectile on the curb. If so, they're much closer than you think.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:43 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,918,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post

You say that like it's a bad thing .

Old 10-18-2009, 08:22 AM

So BR what gives, you got he universities there or the populace just lazy when it comes to marketing the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge