Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:51 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldButHip View Post
Hi, nope, it doesn't have to be an apartment...a "patio home" would work as well. Is it a better idea to rent a house?
It's worth a shot if you eventually want to own a home. Being that you're at Blue Cross. Westminster and Jefferson Terrace subdivisions are a stones throw away and are pretty decent. Plus, there are some condos practically in Blue Cross' backyard. And on Essen at I-12 is Essen Heights, which has some nice condos/garden homes.

Word of advice: right now, they're working on I-10 between I-12 and Highland for the next 2-3 years, and they still have 6-9 months left on the Perkins Road widening (the traffic is EVIL at the Perkins/Bluebonnet intersection right now !). So I would keep this in mind when residence hunting. They also have lots of places to live right behind the BR General on Summa/Picardy, although I know that Summa floods during rainstorms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 03:28 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,233 times
Seeing as the lady says she'll be working at Blue Cross, it seems to me as if the prudent thing would be to look for something close by. There are new(er) apartments at the Bluebonnet-Perkins intersection that would be less than 2 miles from BCBS. There are some townhouses on Groner Ave, right behind the BCBS campus.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:20 PM

8 posts, read 19,311 times
Do you know any of the apartment complex names near BCBS? "Newer" apartments would be awesome! Thanks!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,660,439 times
Merged these threads since they evolved into being about the same thing: apartment complexes.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Seeing as the lady says she'll be working at Blue Cross, it seems to me as if the prudent thing would be to look for something close by. There are new(er) apartments at the Bluebonnet-Perkins intersection that would be less than 2 miles from BCBS. There are some townhouses on Groner Ave, right behind the BCBS campus.
I agree - that's why I mentioned the places I did below:

".....Westminster and Jefferson Terrace subdivisions are a stones throw away and are pretty decent. Plus, there are some condos practically in Blue Cross' backyard. And on Essen at I-12 is Essen Heights, which has some nice condos/garden homes...."

The areas mentioned above are pretty clsoe to Blue Cross. While they're doing the Perkins /Bluebonnet roadwork (likely till early next year), I would not personally recommend anything in the Perkins/Bluebonnet area.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:06 AM

OBH, I pass by these apartments all the time, but I've never known the name of the complex. I'll be driving by there this afternoon and will post its name here when I can. I didn't see where you specified what you want to spend, but I might also mention that there are brand new apartments (or maybe condos?) at Perkins Rowe. I would expect these to be high dollar units, though.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
OBH, I pass by these apartments all the time, but I've never known the name of the complex. I'll be driving by there this afternoon and will post its name here when I can. I didn't see where you specified what you want to spend, but I might also mention that there are brand new apartments (or maybe condos?) at Perkins Rowe. I would expect these to be high dollar units, though.
Perkins Rowe has the advantage of "urban living" in a close by area, but I've heard you don't get a lot for your money. Plus, with the financial troubles the Perkins Rowe developer has been having, I'd be nervous about spending that kind of $$ for units that aren't even complete - and may not be for some time.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Do you know any of the apartment complex names near BCBS? "Newer" apartments would be awesome! Thanks!
Since Perkins/Bluebonnet can be pretty hairy now, thanks to (1) Bluebonnet being extended to Nicholson, and (2) the roadwork, there are a strong of apartments on Jefferson between Old Hammond and Airline that would probably work for you, although the one at Jefferson and Airline looks kind of run down.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
I agree - that's why I mentioned the places I did below:

".....Westminster and Jefferson Terrace subdivisions are a stones throw away and are pretty decent. Plus, there are some condos practically in Blue Cross' backyard. And on Essen at I-12 is Essen Heights, which has some nice condos/garden homes...."

The areas mentioned above are pretty clsoe to Blue Cross. While they're doing the Perkins /Bluebonnet roadwork (likely till early next year), I would not personally recommend anything in the Perkins/Bluebonnet area.
The road work should be finished by January, and shouldn't be a factor, IMHO. OTOH, I wouldn't wish anywhere on Essen on my worst enemy.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Some units (of varying ages, but they seem decent and they're close to Blue Cross - as in, within a 10 minute drive)

(1) Chateau Dijon Chateaux Dijon Apartment Homes - Baton Rouge, LA

(2) Citiscape at Essen
Citiscape at Essen Apartments Baton Rouge, LA - Apartments for Rent in Baton Rouge Louisiana

(3) Mansions in the Park
Mansions In The Park Apartments Baton Rouge, LA - Apartments for Rent in Baton Rouge Louisiana

(4) Cypress Lake
Cypress Lake Apartments Apartments Baton Rouge, LA - Apartments for Rent in Baton Rouge Louisiana

(5) Cobblestone at Essen
Cobblestone at Essen Apartments Baton Rouge, LA - Apartments for Rent in Baton Rouge Louisiana

None of these are on Jefferson, but these are a good start......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge