Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:50 PM

6 posts, read 26,403 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have been reading the postings on here for weeks and have found it very helpful. My fiance and I are moving to Baton Rouge from Louisville, KY the last week in December. We recently visited Baton Rouge to look around for apartments and a LPN school for me. We have narrowed our choice down to two apartments, one is Oakleigh (11580 Perkins Road 70810) and the other is Willow Bend Lakes (11070 Mead Road 70816). If anyone could provide us any information that would be helpful to us when making our decision that would be great! We have chose these two for price and close proximity to work and school. We really liked Willow Bend Lakes but the area around Oakleigh seemed nicer but its just a bit farther from work. I have applied and been accepted into Delta College does anyone know from experience the best place to go go for a LPN to RN bridge after I am finished at Delta?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 06:26 PM

19 posts, read 52,162 times
We're also looking, though Oakleigh looks good I read these reviews...

Oakleigh Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Baton Rouge apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

If you find something please post or direct message me. We need to be there by the end of Dec like you.

Thanks

Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 AM

Yeah, I read all of those reviews also which made me very apprehensive. The apartments seemed pretty nice when we toured them. Willow Bend Lake seems nice because it has some great amenities and its reviews are a bit better. However, I read that they had a someone held at gun point and robbed a while ago....that could happen anywhere but it sounds pretty alarming. What is the price range you all are looking to spend?

Old 12-06-2009, 09:39 AM

19 posts, read 52,162 times
Sent you a Direct message Lfriess with some more info. We're looking in the $600-$700 range but since have moved it up to around the $700 or a little more.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:29 AM

Yeah thats pretty much the range we are looking in to we do not want to go over $800. I don't know about you but I was really shocked by the prices for apartments.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:06 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,465,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfriess View Post
Yeah, I read all of those reviews also which made me very apprehensive. The apartments seemed pretty nice when we toured them. Willow Bend Lake seems nice because it has some great amenities and its reviews are a bit better. However, I read that they had a someone held at gun point and robbed a while ago....that could happen anywhere but it sounds pretty alarming. What is the price range you all are looking to spend?
I have a mild preference for Oakleigh. Willow Bend has some nasty duplexes/Section 8 housing in the Cedarcrest/Mead/Coursey area. Plus, if you have to deal with Sherwood and/or Coursey traffic, that is a headache in itself.

Oakleigh is set in the midst of some stable residential neighborhoods. You have a decent amount of retail nearby along Bluebonnet and Siegen, and now that they finished widening Perkins to Siegen, that reduces the congestion along that road somewhat.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 AM

Thanks for the input. We decided to go with Oakleigh, evern though it has some bad reviews about management there wasn't anything about people feeling unsafe which was the issue with Willow Bend.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:33 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,465,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfriess View Post
Thanks for the input. We decided to go with Oakleigh, evern though it has some bad reviews about management there wasn't anything about people feeling unsafe which was the issue with Willow Bend.
You know, it's funny - I once read those apartment reviews on some local complexes, and the comments were pretty negative. But I think that's the nature of the beast - the cranks will speak up before those who like the apartments will.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:23 AM

794 posts, read 3,357,543 times
I had no reason too, but a few months ago, I went to one of the review websites and gave an honest review of my apartment complex, just to balance out the reviews. Sometimes it's good to have a relatively unbiased review on there. As much as I hate people who are just too picky and hate everything, I also hate it when the guy who loves everything gets on there. It makes you think it's management (which sometimes does happen). Look, no place is perfect. So I just put my own two cents in and said that overall it was really worth living where I live. Of course, each unit is different too. Maybe another unit has electrical problems or bugs. Point is, most people who have nothing to complain about usually don't go out of their way to compliment something. So remember that when looking at reviews for just about anything.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:43 PM

Yeah, I defintely did take that into consideration while reading the reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge