Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:08 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,820,798 times

Advertisements

The current census shows Bend's population grew 36.7% between 2000 and 2010 (and I know there were people leaving in droves in 2009 and 2010, so it might even have been higher than that at the peak). That alone would have driven housing prices up in that decade, even without the overall real estate bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 04:01 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,719,651 times
How far away is the nearest decent-sized airport, Portland? Or can you fly from Bend to a hub like Salt Lake and catch a flight east from there?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:45 PM

456 posts, read 1,007,240 times
RDM flights..

City of Redmond, Oregon - Flightview Info

Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,719,651 times
Thanks very much. I just looked and the Horizon connections are just awful compared to United, which are outstanding. I imagine the ticket prices are outrageous from such a small, out of the way place. I need to travel overseas a lot on my consulting work.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,454 times
Hi my family is looking to move to Bend, OR. We are going to visit their around end of June, beginning of July. Here are just some questions I would love if you answered if you are someone who lives or used to live in Bend. Are the winters bad, compared to Minnesota? We are coming from Round Rock, TX, are the allergies worse or better their then in Round Rock? How is the cost of living? Are the schools good, not to much drama, good education? How is the overall weather? How many days are there of sun, or how positive does it feel from the amount of sun Bend gets?
Also we are looking to get jobs in fitness and the national park (or related jobs), so how hard is it to get jobs like there? Is life there GREAT for active people? The biggest question, overall how is life in Bend?

Thank you for answer some or all of these questions, it really means a lot!!

Old 05-07-2012, 05:25 PM

456 posts, read 1,007,240 times
Quote:
The biggest question, overall how is life in Bend?
Fantastic. Love it here, but sure wouldn't want to rely on the local economy for income. Closest National Park is several hours away. I would guess that getting a job there would be tough and a good portion of the year the park has limited operation as it sits covered in snow.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,686,764 times
The economy as well as the weather and schools have all been discussed quite a bit in other threads. Use the search function in the Bend sub forum to find those. Also, this recent thread discusses jobs in the outdoors.
//www.city-data.com/forum/bend/...m-la-pine.html
Basically, I would say that if you don't have at least one job in place, it would be foolish to move your family here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend