Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 7,391 times

Advertisements

Is there anything for those of us who are single, 40's to do on Friday and Saturday nights in Bend Oregon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 PM

4 posts, read 11,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya62 View Post
Is there anything for those of us who are single, 40's to do on Friday and Saturday nights in Bend Oregon?
Try the Blacksmith on Friday or Saturday night, they have dancing and a mature crowd.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:00 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,278,516 times
This site might help:

Bend Oregon Restaurants, Events, Movie Theater Times, Concerts

Also, check out: Hack Bend | Getting the most out of Bend, Oregon

Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 PM

47 posts, read 99,735 times
Nightlife in Bend, is very sporadic. During peak summer and winter seasons, downtown will be jumping at the various bars and restaurants, especially when whatever "fest" is going on with arts, music and other activities. During the shoulder seasons...it can be dead as a doornail. Actually on some nights, even on the weekends, it can be really dead...very hard to predict.

The various happy hours around town are a great deal and a good opportunity to sample the food at some of the better restaurants. And during the slow periods, the restaurants are happy to welcome the business.

Art Walk on the first friday or each month is also a good time to walk around, sample some free drinks at the local galleries and people watch.

Recreation is still one of the great assets of the area. Even if you're not a hardcore outdoorsy person...you can try something new like snowshoeing or cross-country skiing that isn't too extreme, and the new activity will introduce you to a new circle of friends. Bend Bella Cyclists is a great group for women, especially if you are new to road or mountain biking.

If you are a very active person who skis, mountain bikes, kayaks, rock climbs....making new friends is easy...but you probably are in love with your gear more than another person.

Bend has really grown in the past seven years I've been here. The joke used to be, "you don't break up with someone here...you just lose your turn."

It's not quite that bad anymore...but it can be a small town socially. It can be hard to find someone that someone you know hasn't already dated.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:12 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,334,839 times
Read, go to church, square dance, and take a walk. Do you need more?

Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times
Nightlife in Bend? HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh man, that's rich.

As someone said, The Blacksmith is really the only place to go. For as much as I despised the lack of ANYTHING to do in Bend, particularly at night, the city has a real jewel in Columbine Quillen (head drinkslinger at The Blacksmith, formerly of 21). I think she won an award a couple of years ago as the best female mixologist in the entire country. What the hell she's doing in Bend, I have no idea. But I'll tell ya what, while I lived there, I was eternally grateful every time I had a long day that she was gonna be there to mix me up something special.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 PM

47 posts, read 99,735 times
while we are talking about drinks....one of my friends was in town a couple of months ago...he had a mojito at the Astro Lounge. He's been to Cuba and to the hotel where the mojito was invented...and he said the version at the Astro Lounge was one of the top three of all time he's ever had.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:54 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,334,839 times
Sugar, Mint, and Rum. It's not rocket science.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,278,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Nightlife in Bend? HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh man, that's rich.
I am glad you figured out you do not enjoy Oregon.

I hope this type of thing, over and over again all over the Oregon forum, helps you feel better about yourself and your current living situation.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:07 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
I am glad you figured out you do not enjoy Oregon.

I hope this type of thing, over and over again all over the Oregon forum, helps you feel better about yourself and your current living situation.
And I hope one day you learn to comprehend that my opinion of Central Oregon is generally favorable, aside from the lack of culture or non-outdoorsy entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend