Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 PM

86 posts, read 266,333 times

Advertisements

I'm quite fond of McKay Cottage for sandwiches, but that might be some spillover bias because I love their breakfast so much. If you're into wraps, I gotta say Parrilla Grill has some awesomely eclectic wraps (Jambalaya in wrap form!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 02:09 PM

1,822 posts, read 2,000,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post

Here's an article that I think does a good job of summing up NW cuisine: Pacific Northwest Cuisine, America Eats, from Life in the USA: The Complete Guide for Immigrants and Americans
Wow, that sounds fantastic. Definitely looking forward to that kind of food.

I should have also asked if there are places with a great view (maybe of the river, scenery, etc.) That almost might be more significant than the actual food :-)

Last edited by Sunderpig2; 02-15-2012 at 03:01 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 03:24 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,277,249 times
Sandwiches: +1 for Summit Saloon. And I agree with your husband, Detla, it definitely has that hoagie style that those PA people love so much!

Also, Jacksons Corner I think has some of the best oven baked sandwiches in town.

Like someone else said, anything downtown Bend should not disappoint. Also, anything on Galveston and Newport just outside of downtown headed west. Speaking of Newport....am I the only one who likes Kebaba?

Views: Any restaurant on the eastside should give you stunning views of the mountains. Any place on the river will be tranquil. My suggestion, though, would be some of the restaurants listed in the Old Mill District that are on the river - Anthony's, Pastini Pastaria, Flatbread, etc.. The Old Mill has some of the best views of the mountains and all those restaurants listed are right on the rivers edge - best of both worlds! I don't eat down there much so I can't really give you a good suggestion, unfortunately.

Last edited by kapetrich; 02-15-2012 at 03:40 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 04:18 PM

1,822 posts, read 2,000,241 times
Thanks kapatrich. That sums it up well. Looking for quality dining, not necessarily hip/trendy.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,685,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
Sandwiches: +1 for Summit Saloon. And I agree with your husband, Detla, it definitely has that hoagie style that those PA people love so much!

Also, Jacksons Corner I think has some of the best oven baked sandwiches in town.

Like someone else said, anything downtown Bend should not disappoint. Also, anything on Galveston and Newport just outside of downtown headed west. Speaking of Newport....am I the only one who likes Kebaba?

Views: Any restaurant on the eastside should give you stunning views of the mountains. Any place on the river will be tranquil. My suggestion, though, would be some of the restaurants listed in the Old Mill District that are on the river - Anthony's, Pastini Pastaria, Flatbread, etc.. The Old Mill has some of the best views of the mountains and all those restaurants listed are right on the rivers edge - best of both worlds! I don't eat down there much so I can't really give you a good suggestion, unfortunately.
Yes, I agree with dining in the Old Mill for views. Also, last night I went to the The Blacksmith with some friends for happy hour. One of the gals I was with mentioned that The Blacksmith's meatloaf was voted best comfort food in some poll. I've never eaten there besides the happy hour menu, but I've never been disappointed with that, so it's a worthy suggestion as well.

Kapetrich, I like Kebaba's too! My favorite dish is the turmeric spiced chicken. It's delicious!

Also, I've used this guide to select several restaurants over the years. Some great selections in it! http://www.theeatguide.com/oregon/be...FSUbQgod_QOEPg

Last edited by delta07; 02-16-2012 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree with dining in the Old Mill for views.
I definitely need to spend some time in Bend. Last time I was spending more time then it took to get gas and a bottle of water, the Old Mill was still being built.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:11 AM

4 posts, read 17,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
Will be visiting next month, and would like to get some recommendations for the following types of food. If there are multiple recommendations per category, please list in order of rating. Thanks!
American (steak/chicken) - The best "everything" restaurant IMO is The Phoenix over in NE.
Italian - Mainly a pizza joint, but everything at Piasano's in NW Crossings is excellent. Try their white pie and bruchetta.
Seafood - Anthony's in the Old Mill.
Oriental/Chinese - Shinsei Sushi is excellent, their bentos are great! Probably the best Chinese is Double Happiness, but yeah like the others said, we lack good Chinese food, stick with Shinsei, they don't disappoint.
Mexican (if possible) - La Rosa in NW Crossings, conveniently across the street from Piasano's, get reservations during peak times.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:03 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,277,249 times
New food cart popped up recently in Old Mill: Y'all Gotta Try This New Food Cart: Yo Momma's Country Cookin'

Anyone been? I'll go soon and report back.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:12 PM

722 posts, read 1,352,838 times
We ate a Kebaba's on our visit and we liked it (as every place we ate in Bend )

As I matter of fact it was Stacey's favorite dinner of the week.

I liked my dinner at Level 2 in the Old Mill Shopping District and our server there was excellent and was tipped very well.

Quote:
Yes, I agree with dining in the Old Mill for views. Also, last night I went to the The Blacksmith with some friends for happy hour. One of the gals I was with mentioned that The Blacksmith's meatloaf was voted best comfort food in some poll. I've never eaten there besides the happy hour menu, but I've never been disappointed with that, so it's a worthy suggestion as well.

Kapetrich, I like Kebaba's too! My favorite dish is the turmeric spiced chicken. It's delicious!

Also, I've used this guide to select several restaurants over the years. Some great selections in it! http://www.theeatguide.com/oregon/be...FSUbQgod_QOEPg

Old 09-16-2012, 03:04 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Tumalo Feed Company for steaks. Coyote Ranch in Redmond is good.

There are a lot of really good restaurants in Bend. It's hard to go wrong. Restaurants that don't serve good food don't last long.

I like the fried chicken from the delis at the super markets. If you want chicken, buy some of that and go on a picnic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend