Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 11:37 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,278,516 times

Advertisements

By Dog Fancy magazine: Woof! Bend fetches 'DogTown USA' honor | News - Home

I gotta say.....while most of these 'Top X' in the country listings that Bend is included in so often are foolish, I may be persuaded to agree with this one. Bend is at least one of the more dog friendly places I've ever visited.

Plus, owning a pup is like a merit badge around here.

The amount of dogparks in this town is borderline laughable (I use them often and love them): Dog Off-leash Areas

Also, we have an off leash dog advocacy group that is actually pretty powerful: Home Page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 10:13 AM

480 posts, read 2,466,283 times
I agree Bend is a terrific place to have a dog and I also use the off-leash areas frequently. They are uncrowded and a great place to meet other people while the canines are frolicking. Two complaints: 1. many people seem to think having a dog does not mean having to clean up after them (especially people who run with their dogs - can't stop to pick up that poop) and 2. people who think ALL areas are off-leash when there are clear signs in those areas that say dogs must be on leashes.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 AM

16 posts, read 21,626 times
I think this is pretty cool for Bend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend