Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,326,876 times

Advertisements

Well winter is here. What do you think now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 AM

722 posts, read 1,352,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Well winter is here. What do you think now?
Steve, He wrote about job/money issues and moving on to Portland in another thread, I imagine the weather is low on his concerns right now?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM

I didn't see where he made the Portland move. Only where he found out we were telling him the truth and dreams are just that, dreams. I think he is still in Bend.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't see where he made the Portland move. Only where he found out we were telling him the truth and dreams are just that, dreams. I think he is still in Bend.
I forgot "possibly" moving to Portland. My error.

Again, moved or not moved don't think Bend's weather would be his big concern right now and not sure why you would be asking him that since he posted about work and possibly moving?

What do you think? The weather has been quiet in Bend compared to many places. Wouldn't you prefer 40 and partly sunny in Bend over a 45 and rainy day in Georgia? Which likey happens there in January more than Bend. Yes Bend has some bitter cold nights but unless you are sleeping in a tent or working outside not sure that would be too difficult?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 PM

I like fly bye posters to return and tell us how it went. His last post in January his girlfriend was helping him out, so I believe he stayed. I wondered what he thought about surviving without a car in the winter in Bend now that he has had a chance to do it. He returned to tell us we were right abought the jobs, so I think he will do the same unless he sold his computer to eat. His answers are very informitive to others thinking as he did, since he has already been to school on this one.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I like fly bye posters to return and tell us how it went. His last post in January his girlfriend was helping him out, so I believe he stayed. I wondered what he thought about surviving without a car in the winter in Bend now that he has had a chance to do it. He returned to tell us we were right abought the jobs, so I think he will do the same unless he sold his computer to eat. His answers are very informitive to others thinking as he did, since he has already been to school on this one.
On that we agree, I too find it frustrating when someone starts a thread or chimes in then disappears. Of course other times regular posters ramble on and fill up threads and get off topic with senseless chatter.

I am curious his impressions on the weather too yet I would not find fault in VirtualErik not bothering to respond in this thread. Perhaps he can report back with some good news? He did get good ideas in the other thread. I do wish him well in Bend or wherever he ends up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend