U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 08:52 PM

5 posts, read 9,681 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I've been working in Bend on a project basis for the last 4 months (commuting weekly from Utah) and am considering a full time opportunity with the customer. They are open to remote work with some time onsite as needed but I want to at least consider a relocation. I absolutley love Bend (what's not to love) and my wife is at least open to the possibility. The challenge is that I have 4 teenage daghters and they are very settled where we are at (we've been here 5 years now). My oldest is graduating this year and going to college so that is not an issue. The other 3 are going to be in 10th, 8th, and 6th grades next year. So if we were going to relocate before we become empty nesters, this would be the time to do it. The younger two would have a year of elementary and a year of middle school left, the oldest is just a Sophomore so that's not the complete end of the world.

Anyway, we are obviously most interested in the different high schools. The girls are all into fine arts (orchestra, dance, choir, theater, etc.) so those programs would be a big part of the decision. The 15 year old plays the cello, the 13 year old is on a competitive dance company, and the 11 year old plays the violin. They all play piano and sing.

Any input would be appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 07:07 PM

5 posts, read 9,681 times
Still interested in input of course but from what I can tell, Summit HS is the only one in the area with an Orchestra proram. So it sounds like we need to stay in those boundaries, which it seems to be is pretty much anything west of 97.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:16 AM

775 posts, read 1,137,645 times
Well for what its worth I have heard Summit HS is the top HS in Bend

Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 AM

722 posts, read 1,167,663 times
From my knowledge ( a Bend wanabee ) most of the regular posters do not have children in schools there?

If you haven't already the schools have websites to explore and you could probable call and ask questions directly, of course they would only say positive things about there schools.

Good lucngk that sounds like a challeing time for your girls to move?

We are hoping to move before my youngest starts middle school my oldest are or will be in college by then.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:48 PM

73 posts, read 206,411 times
My daughter went to Summit and loved it. She played on the Bend United lacrosse team with girls from all three high schools (basically, none of the high schools could support a full team, so the three schools combined to form a single team), and made friends with everyone. There's not a "bad" high school in Bend.

Moderator cut: Please, No real estate ads...

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-16-2013 at 02:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend