Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 07:34 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,664,136 times

Advertisements

Well, seems like after the longest and warmest summer since I've been in Bend, fall just might be here to stay. I've enjoyed this cool, rainy day although it has me craving comfort foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 01:00 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,277,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
... ... I've enjoyed this cool, rainy day although it has me craving comfort foods.

I have just the dish ....

1 can dark red kidney beans with juice.
1 can light red kidney beans with juice.
1 pound lean ground beef.
1 garlic bulb.
1 onion.
3 cups cooked macaroni
1 can stewed or diced tomatoes.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Liberal amount of Paprika

I grew up on this stuff.

These days I often add mushrooms, bell peppers, and fennel.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:07 PM

722 posts, read 1,347,750 times
So I have now lived here just over 90 days.. weather has exceeded my expectations... unusually warm fall but I'll take it over VA any time !

went out to Todd Lake this morning with the dog to walk around the lake in the snow, no cars or people anywhere and first time I felt okay leaving my dog run free on the trail. On the way back sky goes mostly sunny, runners and cyclist out as usual and bundled up golfers.. it is an outdoor playground that is for sure.

Looking forward to first full winter here, actually glad to see the clouds lately as the intensity and amount of sunshine are different than anything I experienced on the east coast. Bring on the clouds and storms now...

Old 10-15-2014, 05:59 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,664,136 times
Yes, I saw that Mt. Bachelor got their first snowfall today too! I am actually ready for it. After taking last season off due to injury, I bought my season ski pass and I'm ready for winter!!! I have been really enjoying this beautiful fall weather too. It's been a perfect year weather wise, IMO.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:11 PM

57 posts, read 128,034 times
Went up to Todd Lake yesterday afternoon and it was definitely dusted in snow - still coming down when we left!

Old 10-17-2014, 08:25 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,985,143 times
Another shot of the snow -

Old 10-19-2014, 11:21 PM

456 posts, read 1,004,271 times
Snow was beautiful, but typical of early fall snow fall most of it has melted away. Might get some new snow later this week.

Today I did the road ride from Bend around Mt. Bachelor down towards Sun River back up to Cascade Lakes Highway then into Bend. Beautiful blue bird conditions. Very warm at times.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:26 AM

One heck of a windy weekend in town. With any luck the mountain snowfall that came through will be the beginning of Mt Bachelor's base.

Very chilly morning walk with freezing temps in Bend and 25 reported in Redmond. Time to dust off my skis.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:24 PM

150 posts, read 214,286 times
We were there over the weekend and while it was quite blustery on friday and early Saturday, it turned out to be a beautiful weekend. Monday and Tuesday were quite warm too. We went up to Tumalo on Sunday and it was picturesque and mostly sunny with a little cloud above us dropping some very light and wet snow, nothing that was sticking, but nothing like back here in Seattle right now. Can't wait until March for our move to experience it all first hand everyday!!

Old 10-29-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener_Pastures View Post
We were there over the weekend and while it was quite blustery on friday and early Saturday, it turned out to be a beautiful weekend. Monday and Tuesday were quite warm too.
Nice to hear the rapidly changing fall weather didn't ruin your trip. Because you found Saturday to be beautiful, I'd guess you may enjoy partaking in snow sports at Mt Bachelor.

Sunday and Monday temps were below average so based on your description of "quite warm" for Monday I'd say fall in Bend may be one of your favorite seasons. I sure enjoy it, although riding the bike in freezing temps sucks so that rules our morning rides for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend