Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 04:34 PM

7 posts, read 11,450 times

Advertisements

I had it -- I had the link. Right here (points at computer) and now I can't find it. I had a nice website that had a zoomable map of Bend which had pushpins showing where houses were for sale, along with links to sales information. Now I can't find the darn thing.

It's not that mingy little map on Zillow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 10:43 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,688,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongingOffMyWife View Post
I had it -- I had the link. Right here (points at computer) and now I can't find it. I had a nice website that had a zoomable map of Bend which had pushpins showing where houses were for sale, along with links to sales information. Now I can't find the darn thing.

It's not that mingy little map on Zillow.
I know the map you are talking about but I believe that site went under a few years ago (unless they are back up & running). I thought it was called map bend or something like that, but that search doesn't bring it up.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:49 PM

I think I remember that older map, but the one I'm trying to remember was one I looked at just a couple weeks ago. I think I found it starting at some link posted here in another thread. I didn't get to it directly, I think, but one thing leads to another in the Interwebs.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:51 PM

5,459 posts, read 8,176,344 times
Movoto uses Google Maps and you can expand it to almost full screen size.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:10 PM

Thanks, but drat -- Movoto looks promising but the results are incomplete. We have a couple houses on our street that don't pop up, and there are others nearby that don't show.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,303 times
Have you tried looking through your browser history?

Old 11-07-2014, 08:28 AM

Good suggestion. This machine's browser history doesn't have it. I have another I might have used, maybe I'll find it there. Or I'm delusional.

But I know that I looked around our house and saw two, three, properties nearby that had quite low prices, but clicking on their pushpins revealed them to be bare lots -- thus the low price.

As I recall, to drill down, the map was first organized by quadrants of the city, and you selected which one, then I think that you drilled down farther by selecting neighborhoods/subdivisions.

I didn't bookmark it , which was just silly.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:36 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,688,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongingOffMyWife View Post
Good suggestion. This machine's browser history doesn't have it. I have another I might have used, maybe I'll find it there. Or I'm delusional.

But I know that I looked around our house and saw two, three, properties nearby that had quite low prices, but clicking on their pushpins revealed them to be bare lots -- thus the low price.

As I recall, to drill down, the map was first organized by quadrants of the city, and you selected which one, then I think that you drilled down farther by selecting neighborhoods/subdivisions.

I didn't bookmark it , which was just silly.
That really sounds like the mapBend site I mentioned earlier. I really liked it too because it was user friendly and easy to see things via neighborhood. I'm not sure it exists anymore. I'd love for you to link it (as long as it isn't affiliated with one of our competitor sites, in which case, I will have to delete) if you do find it again.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:43 PM

57 posts, read 128,640 times
It may just be easier to contact a realtor and have them set you up on the MLS. My MLS listings can be adjusted to map view, which allows me to scroll around any neighborhood and see what's for sale. You can further narrow it down by price, # of BRs, square footage, acreage, etc. It doesn't cost anything to have the realtor set up, and it's really useful (and accurate).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
View detailed profiles of: