Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 03:49 PM

7 posts, read 15,140 times

Advertisements

Can anybody help with month to month rentals? I will be working in redmond for a few months an would like to find an extended stay hotel or preferably a furnished apartment. I have found a couple on Craigslist that are decent as well as an RE company with a couple but not much else between Bend and Redmond.

There is also Airbnb but many of them want 3k a month and that is far too much.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 08:50 AM

32,484 posts, read 47,425,133 times
I can't be much more help than that. There are a couple of older courtyard motels that have converted to long stay. They usually look pretty full. I don't know the name of them without doing a drive-by and as far as I can tell, they have never advertised except to put out the vacancy sign, which is not often.

One of the long stays between Bend and Redmond just got ripped down.

The long stay trailer park is having issues with its septic system and it looks like they are reducing the number of residents.

You need furnished, which means you need a vacation rental. No landlord with a regular rental will knowingly take a tenant that intends to leave in a couple of months. This is a vacation area, so vacation rentals don't come cheap.

You might look at the roommate section of Craigslist and you might be able to find student housing where they had someone drop out of the college and now have a vacancy.

Try putting an ad on the housing wanted section on Craigslist, that you need for X months and furnished preferred or you can rent furniture.

You can call around to the real estate agents and see if they have any clients who have houses that will be vacant for a few months but would like to have the houses occupied for that time frame.

Extend your search to Prineville. Rents are cheaper and vacancy rates are higher. That's a reasonable commute to Redmond. Also look at Terrebonne and Powell Butte. Not so cheap, but maybe a snow bird might like to rent their place for the winter.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:03 AM

722 posts, read 1,345,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub29 View Post
Can anybody help with month to month rentals? I will be working in redmond for a few months an would like to find an extended stay hotel or preferably a furnished apartment. I have found a couple on Craigslist that are decent as well as an RE company with a couple but not much else between Bend and Redmond.

There is also Airbnb but many of them want 3k a month and that is far too much.

Any help would be appreciated.
PM me. I have a 2 bedroom full furnished condo available right now for extended stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend