U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2006, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 19,022 times

Advertisements

Hi, we are getting out of the military and heading near family. Husband has position in Bend and we are start the house search.

We have 2 kiddos, ages 6 and 1. We are looking for a house in a safe area, slow streets for bike riding, with good schools.

We are in the (don't laugh) $250K -300K price range.

What areas of Bend should we look at?

Is there any new construction for this range? We are willing to wait.

Any info on non-denom churches would also be great!

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2006, 01:38 AM

2 posts, read 7,561 times
Default Relocating to Bend, Oregon

Congratulations on a new chapter in your life! And thank you for serving our Military.

Bend is a wonderful place to relocate to, however, we've had thousands of people feel the same way over the last five years so it's made the property values skyrocket!

For the price range that you're looking at, you should search for homes in Redmond, Oregon. It's only a 30-minute drive to Bend, and is definitely up-and-coming. You can still buy homes for $260-$290K in Bend, however, they are fixer-uppers. If you are handy in home repair, it might be worth it. Bend is a great city to live in.

There are many, many churches that you can visit to find a place at as well. The Foursquare churches are plentiful here. If you end up in Bend, the Westside Church is a wonderful congregation.

Best of wishes to you and your family. If you have other questions, please feel free to email me directly. I'll be bluntly honest with you about my recommendations.

Best,
keeneye@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoOregon
Hi, we are getting out of the military and heading near family. Husband has position in Bend and we are start the house search.

We have 2 kiddos, ages 6 and 1. We are looking for a house in a safe area, slow streets for bike riding, with good schools.

We are in the (don't laugh) $250K -300K price range.

What areas of Bend should we look at?

Is there any new construction for this range? We are willing to wait.

Any info on non-denom churches would also be great!

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 PM

278 posts, read 1,068,136 times
Look at this same area as we are hoping to move in about two years so keeping and eye on it now and traveling there a few times before we make the call also looking at Washington and a few other states. Want something with low housing cost and yet a good place to live. Work will be in the social worker field

Old 06-23-2006, 09:02 PM

5 posts, read 52,473 times
Default bend as well.

Hi all!
We too are looking at moving to Bend. In fact we are coming up there this July 7th weekend. My husband is applying for a sheriffs position. Hopefully we will be able to look at some real estate while we are there. We are 27 looking for a place to start our family, also looking for around 250K for homes. Any places we need to see the 4-5 days we are out there? Would love to meet people and chat up your personal opinions of Bend and surrounding areas! Of course we understand if your at the local quilting convention! It took some diligent research on the part of my darling husband to find us a reasonable priced hotel to stay in because everything else was booked solid!

Any and all opinions are welcome! Please pm me or email me at:
girlofgod4@excite.com

Thanks again!
Ashley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
View detailed profiles of: