Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 11:26 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,926,537 times

Advertisements

Bend is known for their many, and quality Breweries. Most Microbreweries also are a great environment for food and fun as well. However are there many in town that make and serve Non Alcoholic beverages? Often time breweries will also make root beer or other beverages. I just don't like beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 01:35 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
I don't know of any microbreweries that also make their own Root Beer anywhere in the state. I'm not prepared to say that none don't because I said the same about Cider and then was proven wrong.

I do know that Crater Lake Sodas is sold on draft at a lot of places. You might need to contact them and see who in Bend might have it. Crater Lake Soda: Locations

They are one of the best local Root Beers in my opinion.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:56 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,689,504 times
I don't think any of our Bend breweries make their own root beer. I do know a few serve kombucha tea from the locally made Kombucha Mama, but I think that might be it. How are you going to survive in Bend if you don't like beer?!?!

Old 03-08-2013, 03:21 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Every place you go to eat or drink will serve some sort of non-alcoholic beverage. It's not like you will have to do without while you watch other people drink. Designated drivers are well cared for.

My roofer was drinking a very odd looking bottle of root beer the last time I saw him, but I don't know if it was locally brewed.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,926,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
I don't think any of our Bend breweries make their own root beer. I do know a few serve kombucha tea from the locally made Kombucha Mama, but I think that might be it. How are you going to survive in Bend if you don't like beer?!?!
Oh I will do fine, I may not like beer, but do enjoy wine. I have had some very good wines at many of the Bend restaurants. Just wanted to see if the breweries had options. Draft sodas sound like fun too.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:04 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,689,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirnot View Post
Oh I will do fine, I may not like beer, but do enjoy wine. I have had some very good wines at many of the Bend restaurants. Just wanted to see if the breweries had options. Draft sodas sound like fun too.
Haha, I know, just teasing you! I know several of the breweries are also doing cider and a few make mead as well. Those might be some good local options, if you are interested. Deschutes also does a gluten free beer, which IMO, is good but doesn't taste like beer at all. So, might be worth trying as well.

When we first moved to Bend, I didn't like IPA's at all. They were too bitter for me. Now, that's pretty much the only beer I drink. My taste buds have definitely developed a regional palette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend