Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 PM

502 posts, read 984,946 times

Advertisements

I replied to your request for help to find 3 acre square lots in Fern Forest Vacation Estates .... and the message board put them up and then took them off.... was it because I posted 3 phone numbers of Realtors ? Anyway, you can google - Hawaii Puna Real Estate Agents and or Hawaii Fern Forest Vacation Estates Realtors and they will assist you in your search. It would be fun for me to hear Macaws singing in the Jungle. Let me know if this helps you.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:26 PM

Default There are ridiculous rumors about Fern Forest Vacation Estates - some promulgated by Realtors that only

want to sell properties in Hawaii that start at the $150.K and up level. To dissaude prospective Buyers, they will scare them to have them believe that terrible things await them if they purchase property in this 1500 unit subdivision.... Like everyone who lives there has horns popping out of their sculls and that the Buyer cannot possibly be happy living in FFVE because of it's "primitive nature" . People, drive through it for yourselves without a Realtor to talk bulls--- in your ear !

Now on the other hand, if you own a shiny new Cadallac SUV, and wear the tony new fashions, you might not be happy here because those kind of people dont live here. Property values start at the $14000. level for 3 Acres of rain forest . We are talking Jungle here, with much rain - even more rain than Malibu California .

Old 04-20-2011, 03:28 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,891,496 times
Default thanks for the reply

I'm using Harry Pritikin as my realtor and so far he has been fantastic. About half the lots for sale come with pictures, some do not.

Unfortunately, macaws don't sing, they scream. Loud. We do have amazons that sing quite nicely, however they sing in English, the neighbors might not know if it's a bird or a human.

So anybody willing to give me feedback on some lots?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:34 AM

I hope Harry Pritikin is a local Realtor... some people make the mistake of using realtors on the Main land and all these Realtors care about is their commission.

Local Realtors tend to have more heart about their business and your interests.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 AM

Yes, he is big island only.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,180,831 times
I winter HI and summer in AK. Whatever you do please don't buy anything without being on the land day and night. I just returned to WA and drive up to AK soon. Puna is great if you like AK... many of us there. However finding a place that you really like can only be done in person. I am assuming you are talking Fern Forest area. The elavation isn't my to my preference but do have friends in Hawaiian Acres. Somebody on the forum maybe able to go look at it for you but their take on it and yours could be differnt. You really need to do it in person honestly.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:56 PM

It is a good idea to make friends with the neighbors around the general area where you intend to purchase your land. It is like marrying someone, you also wind up marrying that person's entire family. Your neighbors can be a blessing or a curse. Hopefully, a blessing or a baruch ( Hebrew ). Neighbors can be wonderful, and keep an eye on your place and vice versa.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:59 PM

Also, Realtors talk trash about certain subdivisions because their commission would be low on a $15000. lot. They would make very little money on it.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
I winter HI and summer in AK. Whatever you do please don't buy anything without being on the land day and night. I just returned to WA and drive up to AK soon. Puna is great if you like AK... many of us there. However finding a place that you really like can only be done in person. I am assuming you are talking Fern Forest area. The elavation isn't my to my preference but do have friends in Hawaiian Acres. Somebody on the forum maybe able to go look at it for you but their take on it and yours could be differnt. You really need to do it in person honestly.
Oh I would DEFINITELY examine the land and area before a purchase. I am just trying to whittle down the lots I am interested in looking at, so as to not waste anybody's time.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 AM

Default What I like about Fern Forest Vacation Estates - Mt View Hawaii

Is that it is such a very large uncongested subdivision of Rain Forest and Jungle. It has ample room to stretch and for you to get away from city life if you want to. Of course no place on earth that I know of is completely crime free -

However, if every one would pull together and know their neighbor and keep dah eye open extra wide for stuff that does not look right....

Tell the authorities if anything looks like meth labs, meth junkies, theives breakin into your neighbor's home. Let everyone know and get the damn license plate number fer sur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island