Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 08:56 AM

502 posts, read 985,820 times

Advertisements

An important bulletin was just passed to me . Attention Attention, the excavation going on top of HOVE is a Cinder Farm. They are harvesting Cinders for enterprise, not some covert operation at all. And it maybe certain that Hawaii Volcano National Park does have an Extension nearby !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 03:19 PM

308 posts, read 410,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

Whats spooky is they say Molokai used to be a round island, that an event happened and a huge part of her broke and fell into the sea. I have a great documentary on it, if anyones interested its kinda chik'n skin let me know.
Link me up, please :-).

Old 04-06-2015, 05:57 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes_Mrs. Z View Post
Link me up, please :-).
East Molokai Volcano is what remains of the southern half of the original mountain. The northern half collapsed about 1.5 million years ago, and what remains include the highest sea cliffs in the world. It's the same thing that happened on the north side of Hawaii Island and formed the cliffs between Waipio Valley and Pololu. And you can see evidence of other lands falling into the sea around Kealakekua Bay. It's all part of the geographic changes happening all the time in these young land masses. Usually caused by earthquakes on the sea floor, I think.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:34 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,000 times
Most likely a military tracking sattelite or communications site, but that's no where near as cool of speculation as the aliens or new COSTCO.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:45 PM

308 posts, read 410,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
East Molokai Volcano is what remains of the southern half of the original mountain. The northern half collapsed about 1.5 million years ago, and what remains include the highest sea cliffs in the world. It's the same thing that happened on the north side of Hawaii Island and formed the cliffs between Waipio Valley and Pololu. And you can see evidence of other lands falling into the sea around Kealakekua Bay. It's all part of the geographic changes happening all the time in these young land masses. Usually caused by earthquakes on the sea floor, I think.
Interesting stuff! I loved my Geology classes in university, but I don't remember any studies about what's going on along the Hawaiian Islands change, except as regards the formation of the islands due to plate tectonics/the movement of the earth's crust and a fixed Hot Spot, now apparently near the south end of the BI, or just offshore?

Anyway, thank you for the info. From the photos I've seen of the Waipio Valley, they're amazing!

I wonder if something similar is likely to happen near that "Great Crack" I see mentioned on some maps I've looked at? It made me think that if we ever move to Hawaii, I wouldn't want to live south of it, that's for sure!

Old 06-26-2016, 03:32 PM

3 posts, read 3,689 times
Something SERIOUS is happening here in HoVe....We hear Planes flying at Night....NOW COME ON...IVE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE AN THERE IS A DIFFERENCE WE KNOW THATS HAPPENING UP THERE ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN....ANYONE HAS THERE INPUT ON THIS...

;:!CURIOSITY

Old 07-01-2016, 01:22 AM

834 posts, read 1,218,079 times
Ever heard of a 'directional tsunami'? That's what is being prepared above HOVE. The geologically young and unstable tip of the Big Island was examined, test drilled and based on those findings put into a natural defense system (NDS) category. The cinder production explanation is of course a thinly veiled disguise, which after a couple of joints makes no sense anymore any which way.

Currently the site is being prepared for a deep chamber to hold neutron bombs in the future. The chamber sits right on the fault line and a explosion of such bombs should cause a massive landslide, triggering a tsunami of extraordinary proportions.

The direction of this tsunami however points towards South & Central Americas Pacific coastline, not towards China or Russia. Which in my humble assessment has to do with preventing any illegal mass immigration by sea to the US western coast; and which no wall along the Mexico border line could block.

Of course the whole settlement of HOVE would be sacrificed, incl the Ranchos and Discovery Harbor. But their residents being more a pain in the butt for the government than contributing anything made for a rather easy choice.

So please let the 'cinder workers' do their jobs, don't point your lasers toward the night planes, and enjoy that your demise will help making America great again :-)

Old 07-01-2016, 02:15 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,598,149 times
Ah, the tinfoil hat crowd, what would we do without them? On a brighter, more realistic note, the lava has hit the bottom of the Pali at Royal Gardens and is once again on it's way to the coast, much more entertaining.

Old 07-01-2016, 04:40 PM

Location: Southernmost tip of the southernmost island in the southernmost state
982 posts, read 1,164,671 times
Can I get some clarification on what date they plan to calve off South Point and create the tsunami? That way I can avoid paying my HOVE road association fees in advance.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:25 PM

35 posts, read 48,232 times
Not from out that way so I was not sure, but being from Pahoa this thread has left me relieved that lunatic hippies are in fact not just here, but also in H.O.V.E, lol

HOVE mining expansion creates controversy | West Hawaii Today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island