U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 06:53 AM

17 posts, read 61,961 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm considering moving to Hilo. I do not drive because of a disability, but my wife does and she would be able to drive me to work most days. However, there would be days when I would have to rely on public transport and walking. I have looked at Hilo's bus system and am aware that it is fairly limited. In particular, while it would get me close to where I would be working, it does not appear it would get me all the way there, so I would have to walk about half a mile. Having been to Hilo a few times, I know it is not the most sidewalk friendly town either. I was wondering if the locals there could answer this question. Is there a reasonable sidewalk along Nowelo St. from the UHH campus to North A'ohoku Place? Satellite imagery via Google Earth does not have high enough resolution to answer this question.
Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 01:17 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,109,796 times
Hi mike,

I am over that way a couple of times each week...I will try to check on that for you soon if no one else replies...

With aloha,

Cynthia

Old 04-10-2008, 03:39 AM

Thanks so much Cynthia. I'd greatly appreciate that.
Aloha

Old 04-11-2008, 12:51 AM
cwm

27 posts, read 144,154 times
Default Sidewalks on Nowelo

Hi Mike,

Nowelo street has great sidewalks since it is a brand new street. And Astronomy row - Aohoku Place also has a great sidewalk. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available at great prices at the 'Imiloa Astronomy cafe right under Aohoku Place. I hope this helps.
cwm
Living in Hilo, Hawaii

Old 04-11-2008, 05:46 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,357,200 times
Any ideas on cost of living comparisons between the Hilo area and the south west coast of Fla?

Not for real estate. That's easy enough to figure. But everything else?

Old 04-11-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwm View Post
Hi Mike,

Nowelo street has great sidewalks since it is a brand new street. And Astronomy row - Aohoku Place also has a great sidewalk. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available at great prices at the 'Imiloa Astronomy cafe right under Aohoku Place. I hope this helps.
cwm
Living in Hilo, Hawaii
Mahalo cwm,
That is encouraging.
Aloha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
View detailed profiles of: