Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 AM

865 posts, read 1,488,889 times

Advertisements

I love birds, and have some very awesome pet birds - 4 parakeets all unique in color, a lutino and white face grey cockatiel, and a senegal parrrot. Any other bird lovers on here, or fellow bird/parrot owners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
I love birds, and have a blue & gold macaw that I have had for 18 years. I am at least her third owner, so I know that she is at least in her 30s or maybe even 40s.

She stays in a huge cage in my bedroom, and she loves to talk to my dog and cats. She loves drama, and if she sees my Yorkie going over to eat from the cat dish (which he is not allowed to do) she yells, "NOOOOO!" and he runs away from the dish. Then she laughs and waits for him to try to sneak into the catfood again.

She also loves to watch animated movies, and if I try to watch something I want to watch she will knock her beak loudly against her cage until I give in and put on one of her movies.

In the past I lived in the country and had five large, noisy parrots. Now I live in town and I am sure my neghbors would object or I would love to have a few more.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I love birds, and have a blue & gold macaw that I have had for 18 years. I am at least her third owner, so I know that she is at least in her 30s or maybe even 40s.

She stays in a huge cage in my bedroom, and she loves to talk to my dog and cats. She loves drama, and if she sees my Yorkie going over to eat from the cat dish (which he is not allowed to do) she yells, "NOOOOO!" and he runs away from the dish. Then she laughs and waits for him to try to sneak into the catfood again.

She also loves to watch animated movies, and if I try to watch something I want to watch she will knock her beak loudly against her cage until I give in and put on one of her movies.

In the past I lived in the country and had five large, noisy parrots. Now I live in town and I am sure my neghbors would object or I would love to have a few more.
She sounds very adorable, I love macaws! Very afraid of the size of their beak though :-( How old do they tend to live till? I love that the bird yells no at your Yorkie, and she listens :-)

Old 11-29-2011, 08:35 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,858,669 times
i currently hae 2 linneolated parakeets (a green and a slate) and a 1 1/4 year old male severe macaw...whos a real trip and a half lol. such a silly young man.

i would lvoe to add a pair of parrotlets to the family in the spring.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
i currently hae 2 linneolated parakeets (a green and a slate) and a 1 1/4 year old male severe macaw...whos a real trip and a half lol. such a silly young man.

i would lvoe to add a pair of parrotlets to the family in the spring.
Parrolets are very nice looking birds - very colorful!

Old 11-29-2011, 11:33 AM

68 posts, read 225,846 times
I have a Blue and Gold Macaw as well. Her name is "Chica" and she is 7 years old. Unfortunately since family and friends are so scared of her, she has become something of a bully. But I love her anyway.

Marc

Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
I have a Nanday conure. He's 10, and I've had him since he was 6 months old. I had a Green Cheek but he passed away in September. He was 14, we think. Not sure because he was a rescue and had a rough life before he came to me. I had him for over 5 years and I miss him terribly. I'm now looking into rescuing another bird, though. The Nanday needs a buddy. Plus, it's a great way to honor the Green Cheek.

Boyfriend has four birds, too--cockatoo, Sun conure, caique, and Alexandrine.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejumpsuitman View Post
I have a Blue and Gold Macaw as well. Her name is "Chica" and she is 7 years old. Unfortunately since family and friends are so scared of her, she has become something of a bully. But I love her anyway.

Marc

My B & G is a bit of a bully as well. She loves to pretend to bite people, then when they jump back she says, "ow!!" in a high-pitched, feminine voice. Then she laughs.

I went on vacation for two weeks to Alaska a few months ago, and when I got back home she was mad that I left her with a house sitter. She bit me when I first tried to pick her up.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:25 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
I use to be a bird breeder. Now, I just have a few pet birds. The birds I currently have are a Goffin Cockatoo, a Senegal, a Peachfront Conure, a Bourke Parakeet, a Lutino Lovebird and a Blue Pacific Parrotlet.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Remember there is a stickie for photos of pets other than cats and dogs - look at the top of this forum.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds