Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:14 PM

484 posts, read 822,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
phonelady, even budgies (the birds comonly sold as "parakeets" are relitivly loud) and most true parakeet species have BIG voices (the ringneck comes to mind lol) Lineolated parakeets are VERY quiet especially compared to ALL other parrots (thsus far theyve been the quietet birdsive ever met only "schreachign" when i vacume and even then its barley noticable outsid eof the room they are in lol, but i agree, want a "quiet' bird whos not going to bother the neighbos a canary or finches would be the bet bet, there still not silent but they simply dont have the volume to realy bother people through paper thin walls.
Linnies seem like a great choice if you're really concerned about noise ... and if you look around You Tube a bit you'll find some videos showing how they can learn to hum tunes ... really amazing. I was thinking about the noise issue some more last night, and wondered if your concern is ongoing lower level noise (like budgies commonly do) or occasional moments of louder noise. My GCC makes some squawks in the morning, but after about 10 minutes of occasional squawking she rarely makes a sound (she'll squawk a couple of times when I leave). One thing I've noticed is that they respond to noises in the environment, so if you like to have your TV or stereo going much of the day that will likely stimulate a GCC or any bird to join along with the noise. I don't like the TV or stereo going in the background, so that may help to keep my bird generally very quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds