U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 09:54 AM

6,591 posts, read 22,953,298 times

Advertisements

very nice post shadowfax, thank you...I think too many people get nasty and find it all too easy to assume...for all we know the op is doing just as asked by the birds owners...

I applaud the op for coming and asking for advice...
and I realy do hope the op hasn't been frightend off by SOME of the responces on the thread
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 03:00 PM

5 posts, read 6,323 times
Sorry for the late reply. I'm the owner of the birds now and the biting isn't as much as before the female and the male are actually sweeter. It's just now I notice with the female biting the male. I'm a bit concerned about that thank you everyone that replied.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:06 PM

5 posts, read 6,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
We are just pointing our that the OP is going into the wrong direction as the OP is ignorant.
We'll the old owner gave them to me and so I'm just trying my best to care for the birds. I don't know if your trying to get nasty and mean. But if you are I could do the same as well. But I'm not here for that. I'm just trying to get advice on certain things to care for my birds.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:42 PM

6,591 posts, read 22,953,298 times
SOMECHiCKk...
don't worry about it...no one takes Quacker all too seriously round hese parts.

sounds like they re settling in, generally females do tend to be pushier and more aggressive.
its normal for bird to bit eachother shes telling him to be cautions and aware and trying to keep him focused and away form you.
generally males tame down easier.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:42 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,181,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMECHiCKk View Post
We'll the old owner gave them to me and so I'm just trying my best to care for the birds. I don't know if your trying to get nasty and mean. But if you are I could do the same as well. But I'm not here for that. I'm just trying to get advice on certain things to care for my birds.
Ignore the Quack, pot stirring troll. There are good people with knowledge on here.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:17 PM

3,978 posts, read 3,829,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Ignore the Quack, pot stirring troll. There are good people with knowledge on here.
You're obviously not one of them as you have nothing to add to this post.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:47 AM

4,650 posts, read 7,476,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMECHiCKk View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I'm the owner of the birds now and the biting isn't as much as before the female and the male are actually sweeter. It's just now I notice with the female biting the male. I'm a bit concerned about that thank you everyone that replied.
That is perfectly normal. The female is trying to protect it's mate, nothing more. Very common behavior in love birds.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:19 PM

672 posts, read 688,907 times
Yeah, I found a lovebird years ago, outside. She hopped right on to my finger, and I thought that she was just the cutest sweet little thing. We ended up changing her name to TB, short for Terror Bird, after a few months, and many bites. They can bite very hard relative to their size.

As far as feed, seed is a very poor choice to feed domestic birds as their diet, if they are on a seed diet, try to change them to a pelleted food like ZuPreem or RoudyBush, and offer them small amounts of fresh fruit and veg, just be sure to remove what they don't eat after a few hours on the persishable food. Seeds are OK as a treat, but eating it as the main component is like humans eating potato chips.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:56 AM

3,978 posts, read 3,829,037 times
I use seeds as base diet, as they like them a lot, and supplement with pellets, fruits or veggies on a daily basis. They like that.

NOTE: For you crazies, please pay attention to the underline part and don't send me hate mails!

Old 12-15-2014, 11:00 AM

672 posts, read 688,907 times
Seed is not appropriate for a base diet. It is full of fat, and does not provide a balanced diet. Lovebirds that are offered seed will fill up on the seed and not eat enough of other more nutritious items. This isn't hate mail, it is a fact. Anyone with grey matter that actually works should know that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=seed...oe=&gws_rd=ssl

But then again, you just have to joust with anyone who dares disagree with you, don't you, Quack?

Love,

Buzz Bee, who is intelligent, educated, and sane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds