Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 01:33 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,458,967 times

Advertisements

Parrotlet brings attitude like no other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 07:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,543,984 times
What is a parrotlet like that is un-lovebird and un-green cheek conure? Don't just say "attitude," because it makes me think of this:

Image - Black-woman-attitude 4523.jpg - Trollpasta Wiki

Old 10-06-2014, 07:48 PM

6,556 posts, read 4,702,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
LOL, I don't think the palm is big enough but theres no icon for head desk LOL!

yes green rump are rarer and more expensive...but compared to spectacled ect they and the pacifics are the "common" ones in the bird industry.

lovies and plets have completely different personalities..
plets belive they are amazons they belive they are giant parrots and have all that personality packed in, they can be obnoxious, moody, tempermental, DESTRUCTIVE, playfull, they are much more active and demanding than the smaller hookbills like lovebirds and budgies in terms of need for mental stimulation.
while lovies and budgies are happy to spend their days climbing/swinging and pulling apart a few toys, looking for seed and snuggling with their people, parrotlets like the big parrots need more mental stimulation in terms of puzzle toys, a budgie or lovebird isn't likely to spend house figuring out how to open the lock on its cage due to boredome...a parrotlet however WILL...parrotlets are also muchmore likely to start getting loud for attention and plucking when stressed compared to a lovebird or budgie...

while they are all small birds, all 3 have very different temperments...reuirments...personalities...ect.
Quaker, read.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:06 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,775,587 times
that imiage IS a parrotlet attitude lol...its the "i know better and don't have to listen to you puny human kind of attitude, one where if they don't get their way they throw a tantrum, being nippy, destructive...
conures (greencheeks or otherwise) are more likely to simply get loud when "attitudy", lovebirds, tend to get nippy when they get into a mood...
a parrotlet takes both of those, tosses them together adds a whirlwind and tada lol.
id say they are more "creative" about their tantrums too lol.

in terms of greencheeks, youll find them louder than a parrotlet, but otherwise typically a little more laid back in my experience.
hwoever they need a taller cage than a plet does and almost as many toys.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
that imiage IS a parrotlet attitude lol....
That's kinda racist, you know.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:22 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,775,587 times
it has nothing to do with the fact the image is a black lady and everything to do with the attitude portrayed by the person in the pictures body language...
she could be green, or purple, or clear but the body language would still portray the same type of attitude.

mabe you should think about the fact that YOU made the image about race...

Old 10-12-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
it has nothing to do with the fact the image is a black lady and everything to do with the attitude portrayed by the person in the pictures body language...
she could be green, or purple, or clear but the body language would still portray the same type of attitude.

mabe you should think about the fact that YOU made the image about race...

Good call foxy, trolls are on every forum.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:25 AM

18 posts, read 27,106 times
I just acquired a hand-tamed and talking Budgie from someone who had to give it up. All I can say is, a tame Budgie is a nice little bird with tons of personality. Unfortunately though, a lot of Budgies are sold untamed and can be difficult to win over. This particular bird was parent-raised but the owners removed him from the parents at 6 weeks of age and worked with it a lot. Now he's as tame as can be and is fully flighted as well. I think the problem with a lot of Budgies is they are raised like "cattle" for the retail trade and handled roughly at a young age in stores - and they become skittish. A few people offer hand-raised budgies at a premium price, which in my opinion, is totally worth it.

Another good bird are Bourke's Parakeets. A hand-raised one can take a while to bond with you, but once they do, they are as tame and friendly as a Budgie, with even less attitude. Mine fly right over to me and like to hang out on my shoulders or on the back of my chair. They don't chew and destroy things and they never bite (whereas a budgie can bite, when they are not in the mood).

Old 10-19-2014, 01:49 AM

Very true Budgies can be nippy

Old 10-19-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Very true Budgies can be nippy
That's like dober1 can be nice. But, it's rare and unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds