U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 02:01 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,164,302 times

Advertisements

I don't know what to say about that story, not often I am at a loss for words. Sorry about your husband, good to hear about your Senegal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 10:39 AM

24,388 posts, read 21,289,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
I don't know what to say about that story, not often I am at a loss for words. Sorry about your husband, good to hear about your Senegal.
Thank you.

No problem about the words, none were expected. I was just telling my TwoBee story.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:01 PM

33 posts, read 35,657 times
I'm sure I do somewhere but we are in the middle of moving so when we get settled i'll dig them out. We had yatzee 12 yrs. She died prematurely due to another visiting pet. I'd rather not go into details as it was devastating to my wife and I. I always thought she would outlive us. She was well cared for very healthy and loved very much. We miss her dearly.
Thanks for asking,
Fishinfor

Old 02-02-2015, 06:25 AM

672 posts, read 683,413 times
My Senegal Queegueg (named for the Maori whaler in Moby Dick, pronounced "Kwig-wayg"), says his name when he wants to be patted, my name, my son's name, calls the cat Kitty, Fuzzmatuzz (her nickname), yells the last cat's name at her, will yell the last dog's name when he hears dogs barking (doesn't call the new dogs by their names). Says sit, stay, oh boy, hello, wee!, OW!. Will bark and meow too. Says a lot of "HEY!" or, "Hey, whatcha doin?", among other things. And of course, picks up all sorts of sounds, whoops, clicks, beeps, whistles, farts, burps, and imitates a zipper with amazing accuracy.

He is 21 now, still hearty and hale. He's a very engaging and entertaining family member, aside from the mess and the occasional tantrum.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:12 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,164,302 times
Buzz is your Senegal male or female, mine is a surgically sexed female. In some species the males are much better talkers. On second read I see you referred to the bird's name as "his".

Old 02-03-2015, 07:59 AM

672 posts, read 683,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Buzz is your Senegal male or female, mine is a surgically sexed female. In some species the males are much better talkers. On second read I see you referred to the bird's name as "his".
We've never had him sexed, but because he never has laid an egg, and because he tries to "shag" my husband on a regular basis (or, actually, his hand), we've come to the conclusion that he is a he, plus a vet examined his tail coverts and they indicate that he is a male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds