U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 02:06 PM

4,535 posts, read 7,293,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Congrats! The new chick is lovely (in an ugly featherless dinosaur sort of way! ).
When I used to raise baby birds from the egg, the nickname I used for new hatched chicks was "rubber toys". Amazing how ugly they start out until the get their feathers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 02:24 PM

2,909 posts, read 647,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Thank god you didn’t take the eggs away too soon.

I'm thanking both G-d and Dontaskwhy, because it was Dontaskwhy who advised me to wait a little longer. I'm so glad I listened!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Congrats Rachel

Birds are just adorable.......
Thanks, Ambers! I've only just discovered that a couple of my friends posting here also have birds! One has a conure and the other an African Grey!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Congrats! The new chick is lovely (in an ugly featherless dinosaur sort of way! ).

This is just the sort of thing we all need right now. Fingers crossed the other eggs hatch safely!
I thought the chick looks like a piece of smoked salmon. LOL It's kind of creepy-cute when it moves.

Last year, when another pair of my birds had babies, only three out of four eggs hatched. I saved the egg that didn't hatch.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Congrats Rachel

I love birds. We have several families of quail coming to feed several times a day. We watched the chicks growing up.
Quail are so cute! I know some people keep them as pets!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Congratulations, & I am looking forward to some pics, to brighten the boring lockdown days.
I'll post some more pictures soon. I hope this has brightened everyone's days. We all really need some happy news for a change.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:32 PM

8,573 posts, read 4,605,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I've got a baby!!! I peeked in this morning and didn't see anything at first, but then I saw something pink wiggle a little. I looked harder, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was the chick, nestled between three eggs. There were originally five eggs, so I don't know if there's another hatchling in there -- I only kept the box open long enough to take a quick picture. Here she is!

Should I name her "Corona"? Coz she's stuck in the box just like I'm stuck at home.

Congratulations! No please don't name her Corona. Bad vibes.
How about something like Pheonix.

As the Pheonix rose from the ashes, we will rise from the Pandemic.
(just my suggestion)

Old 03-26-2020, 02:51 PM

952 posts, read 315,305 times
RachelNY I just found this thread today and read all the back to the three baby lovebirds and yes they have completely brightened my day! I love all types of birds. We have a family of quail that visits our backyard daily and I'm pretty sure it's the same Mom and Dad from year to year with a new batch of kiddies. The love and care you give to your birds is so touching. I think you must be a fertility goddess : )

Old 03-26-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Congratulations! No please don't name her Corona. Bad vibes.
How about something like Pheonix.

As the Pheonix rose from the ashes, we will rise from the Pandemic.
(just my suggestion)

That's an absolutely brilliant name suggestion! I love the positive sentiment it represents!!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
RachelNY I just found this thread today and read all the back to the three baby lovebirds and yes they have completely brightened my day! I love all types of birds. We have a family of quail that visits our backyard daily and I'm pretty sure it's the same Mom and Dad from year to year with a new batch of kiddies. The love and care you give to your birds is so touching. I think you must be a fertility goddess : )
Thank you rfomd! Your words completely brightened MY day! I could get quite used to being a fertility goddess! LOL

It is so cool to see so many people posting to this crazy little topic of mine, and being all happy and sharing friendship! We all REALLY need more stuff like this during these days.

Love ya all!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds