Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 04:05 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I've got a baby!!! I peeked in this morning and didn't see anything at first, but then I saw something pink wiggle a little. I looked harder, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was the chick, nestled between three eggs. There were originally five eggs, so I don't know if there's another hatchling in there -- I only kept the box open long enough to take a quick picture. Here she is!

Should I name her "Corona"? Coz she's stuck in the box just like I'm stuck at home.
Cute, I used to raise, train and sell parrots and parrokeets, all sorts of birds when I was young, I got real close with this one bird and I never got another after he died, congradulations momma. I would have a wild bird tame in 12 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 05:40 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,158,224 times
Quote:
I've got a baby!!! I peeked in this morning and didn't see anything at first, but then I saw something pink wiggle a little. I looked harder, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was the chick, nestled between three eggs. There were originally five eggs, so I don't know if there's another hatchling in there -- I only kept the box open long enough to take a quick picture. Here she is!

Should I name her "Corona"? Coz she's stuck in the box just like I'm stuck at home.
Congratulations!!! "Freedom Rose" is a beautiful name. Can't wait to see pictures of her growing.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:34 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,964,723 times
Quote:
Thank you rfomd! Your words completely brightened MY day! I could get quite used to being a fertility goddess! LOL

It is so cool to see so many people posting to this crazy little topic of mine, and being all happy and sharing friendship! We all REALLY need more stuff like this during these days.

Love ya all!!!
RachelNY, you brighten my day quite often with your contributions to CD I'm relatively new to CD but you and a few others on several different Forums are true standouts!

Old 03-26-2020, 06:41 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,964,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Congrats Rachel

I love birds. We have several families of quail coming to feed several times a day. We watched the chicks growing up.
There's a book from the sixties entitled "That Quail, Robert" and it's the true story of a couple who adopt a baby quail that was found in their backyard. It's an adorable quick read and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it to my Kindle so it should be available online.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:50 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
Such exciting news! I love the name "Freedom Rose"!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Cute, I used to raise, train and sell parrots and parakeets, all sorts of birds when I was young, I got real close with this one bird and I never got another after he died, congratulations momma. I would have a wild bird tame in 12 hours.
Aww.

Old 03-26-2020, 11:49 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:

Mazel Tov!!!...

Old 03-27-2020, 12:13 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,778 times
Mazel Tov!!!

Name it Hope.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
Yes you did make my day. Congrats on the baby. Who doesn't love baby animals?

Old 03-27-2020, 08:23 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,237,200 times
So cute, and such happy news in these crazy times!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds