Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2020, 05:21 PM

11,443 posts, read 625,185 times

Advertisements

Ahhhhhh I would love to pick them up Rachel and just hold them

Must be fun to feed em also.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 09:01 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,871,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Ahhhhhh I would love to pick them up Rachel and just hold them

Must be fun to feed em also.........
You mean like this? She's 1 week old today.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:32 PM

6,471 posts, read 10,338,139 times
Nice picture. Very cute baby, indeed. They grow so much faster when started by the parents. Don't forget to post new pictures as she develops.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:41 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
I'm not really a bird person, mostly afraid of them after my sister's parrot bit my finger so hard I thought she broke it. However I've enjoyed reading this entire thread from the beginning. I've been on C-D for years now and still have trouble figuring out how to post pictures.

Thanks for brightening our day Rachel. :-)

Old 04-02-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I'm not really a bird person, mostly afraid of them after my sister's parrot bit my finger so hard I thought she broke it. However I've enjoyed reading this entire thread from the beginning. I've been on C-D for years now and still have trouble figuring out how to post pictures.

Thanks for brightening our day Rachel. :-)
So glad to brighten people's days with my little lovebirds!

Here's a link to information on posting pictures that you may find helpful:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/...ing-posts.html

Old 04-02-2020, 10:56 AM

Freedom Rose, 8 days old

Old 04-03-2020, 06:33 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,302,595 times
Thanks for those instructions Rachel - now I just have to send some of my pet pix from my phone to my computer. The only birds I ever considered getting were either finches or lovebirds. I love the sound of bird songs.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Thanks for those instructions Rachel - now I just have to send some of my pet pix from my phone to my computer. The only birds I ever considered getting were either finches or lovebirds. I love the sound of bird songs.
I had a pair of finches many years ago and it was not a good experience for me. I found it very difficult to keep them from spraying seed all over the place, and I didn't find myself able to interact with them as well as with various species of parrot. I eventually wound up re-homing the finches with a friend (who adored them). I guess I'm more of a parrot-type person, with a fondness for lovebirds in particular.

The sounds made by my lovebirds (I have 10 of them now) aren't really what I would "bird songs." LOL They can be very noisy at times -- usually around midday when the sun is brightest and shining through the window. When they're noisy, then I know that they're happy. At night when it's dark they tend to be quiet. Once a hawk flew at my window, and my birds panicked and then went VERY quite. Poor babies -- what a scare they had!

Old 04-03-2020, 10:30 AM

6,471 posts, read 10,338,139 times
For anyone interested, here is an internet site showing various lovebird mutations: https://www.abe-international.com/mutations/

Old 04-03-2020, 01:32 PM

243 posts, read 102,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I had a pair of finches many years ago and it was not a good experience for me. I found it very difficult to keep them from spraying seed all over the place, and I didn't find myself able to interact with them as well as with various species of parrot. I eventually wound up re-homing the finches with a friend (who adored them). I guess I'm more of a parrot-type person, with a fondness for lovebirds in particular.

The sounds made by my lovebirds (I have 10 of them now) aren't really what I would "bird songs." LOL They can be very noisy at times -- usually around midday when the sun is brightest and shining through the window. When they're noisy, then I know that they're happy. At night when it's dark they tend to be quiet. Once a hawk flew at my window, and my birds panicked and then went VERY quite. Poor babies -- what a scare they had!
A couple of the AFB's that we lived at had falcons flying miles within the base, circling it. They , like your hawk visitor prey on birds. Your hawk probably sensed your birds.
https://www.349amw.afrc.af.mil/News/...ive-and-drive/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds