Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 04:52 PM

3,422 posts, read 1,836,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Good advice! I keep my lovebirds indoors and they get exercise flying around my kitchen when I let them out of their cages. I have a big skylight in my kitchen, but I don't know whether that lets in the sort of sunlight needed that's described here. My birds are trained to go back to their individual cages when they've had their hour of flying exercise.

I've got 3 baby lovebirds in a nest box right now. I'd love to see pictures of your baby parakeets -- are you inclined to post them? Pleeeze?

Half English!

Yes, there are 5!

This is the daddy bird, and why they are Half English. His name is Petals a.k.a. Big Bird. This may not be the best angle of him, but he is an English. He came with 5 Englishes.. Only he, and the blue Ladybird English Budgie (named Ladybird because she seems to be a Brit, lol,) remain..

The Mom got REAL MAD at me for that group photo! One of them is squeaking for food now. Do you like them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 05:28 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Pretty babies. I hope they grow up and are as beautiful as their parents.

Old 07-23-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Pretty babies. I hope they grow up and are as beautiful as their parents.
Thanks man! I am beginning to talk to them now.

There was one "Failure To Thrive" death and of course that made me sad. But these five - even the littlest one - they "appear" that they are going to make it!!!!

Old 07-23-2020, 06:07 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,870,880 times
Such beautiful birds! You must be very proud of them (and rightfully so)! Thanks so much for sharing those pictures! I really, really, really enjoyed that!

Old 07-23-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Such beautiful birds! You must be very proud of them (and rightfully so)! Thanks so much for sharing those pictures! I really, really, really enjoyed that!
Hey, you're welcome I am happy you were interested!

I can honestly say.. the birds are making me happier as a person. Ever since.. I think 2018 is when I started gathering birds and I don't think I would be the same without these beautiful little animals.

You know they are gonna look like regular birds in about a week or two! I like your Lovebirds too!

EDIT: I think, for you.. I got a pic of when the daddy was in the nest box with the Mommy and the babies, you know they do that sometimes. They look SO handsome together! Let me find it.. takes awhile but

Old 07-23-2020, 06:20 PM

Old 07-23-2020, 08:12 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,870,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Hey, you're welcome I am happy you were interested!

I can honestly say.. the birds are making me happier as a person. Ever since.. I think 2018 is when I started gathering birds and I don't think I would be the same without these beautiful little animals.

You know they are gonna look like regular birds in about a week or two! I like your Lovebirds too!

EDIT: I think, for you.. I got a pic of when the daddy was in the nest box with the Mommy and the babies, you know they do that sometimes. They look SO handsome together! Let me find it.. takes awhile but
I'm sure there are others who will be interested in your budgie babies, too, so that's why I'm moving these posts into their own thread. (I can change the title of your topic to something else, if you prefer.) I'll expect regular updates on the babies' development!

My birds have made me a happier person, too! I started with a pair in August of 2017, and they gave me three babies in May of last year. That's when I started chronicling my lovebird baby-raising adventures here on this forum. I'm on my third go-round with lovebird babies right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your budgie babies turn out!

Old 07-23-2020, 08:19 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post

Half English!

Yes, there are 5!

This is the daddy bird, and why they are Half English. His name is Petals a.k.a. Big Bird. This may not be the best angle of him, but he is an English. He came with 5 Englishes.. Only he, and the blue Ladybird English Budgie (named Ladybird because she seems to be a Brit, lol,) remain..

The Mom got REAL MAD at me for that group photo! One of them is squeaking for food now. Do you like them?
That's a hand full!

Old 07-23-2020, 08:22 PM

19 posts, read 6,873 times
Smile  

Wow some very nice pictures on this thread....

Birds have always made me happy so whenever I can see them UP CLOSE as in alot of these pics you guys post,it really makes me happy......

Thank you to all.....

Old 07-24-2020, 05:07 AM

They say Good Morning!

One of them (or more??) was squeaking all night. Must be a hungry guy or gal!

Making sure they have food and water before I go to work. This is the Good Mom. I didn't even bother to check out the little babies, she has three of them shielded under her.. Smart bird, that little one needs to stay warm! I think the 5 in there will be fine. (ALL her eggs hatched! She MAY have thrown one one of the box.. and one baby did die "Failure To Thrive" .. always sad. But now.. 5!! Yayy!)

Some will be white birds ?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds