U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 08:39 AM

5,249 posts, read 13,913,903 times

Advertisements

I don't give my parrot seeds at all -- except what is included in the Nutri Berries. He gets two different kinds of pelleted diet and Nutri Berries everyday.

My birds both love egg omelets for breakfast. When I make breakfast, I always share.

He's currently eating something called Beak Appetit. This one's called Calypso Spice which is mostly Couscous with fruit and vegetables and stuff. You cook it in the microwave. If you've only got one bird, you can freeze some of it in individual servings for later so it doesn't spoil before it's used up (or so that they don't get tired of it)

They've got several varieties. Can't remember the last one we ate but Sprout loves the stuff!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,547,608 times
I had a Yellow Naped Amazon years ago. Rowdy was quite the character! I found the best way to teach them to talk was just the way you were doing. From another room! Loudly, with excitement, something that will really get them stimulated. Rowdy learned "Help help, let me out!", "I can talk, can you fly?", and many other words.

Do be careful with how you talk to your friend! I was house breaking a puppy and every morning I would drag a urine and feces covered pup out of his kennel. It was gross! I yelled at him "What is this? Huh? Get outside" and that danged bird picked up the whole phrase! Another time my BIL was trying to talk to my hubby and Rowdy was loudly playing with words - her normal evening routine. My BIL yelled a a cussing phrase at her and she repeated it right back to him! My Mom was due for a visit in a couple of weeks, so I HAD to get Rowdy over that phrase! You can't unteach a bird, so I thought maybe I could replace the phrase, trick her if you will, into saying something else that sounds somewhat similiar. So day after day I worked on "**** a doodle doo!" (does that give you a hint on what the phrase was?) Finally, just a day or two before their arrival Rowdy had it down pat and was quite pleased with herself. The evening my parents arrived we were sitting at the table and Rowdy was doing her nightly playing with words. My step-dad looked at Rowdy and said "If you don't be quiet I'm going to sic my bird dog on you!" And just as clear as day Rowdy told him the phrase I had worked so hard to try to trick her into forgetting! And you know, those were the only two times I ever heard her say that?

Parrots are very smart and need a lot of interaction to keep them healthy. They are so much fun! I hope you contine to enjoy the bird in your life.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 379 times
HI @Christina0001...curious if you ever found anything on the NMA...I too was gifted a bird that has those letters followed by 4 #s but I am having no luck identifying him

Old 01-20-2016, 07:45 AM

14,785 posts, read 20,866,389 times
I had an amazon blue fronted and a Sulphur crester cockatoo and when I was trying to sell my house some people came through to look at the house and the amazon yelled " get out and get out now " and those people flew out of my house because they thought someone was there and the real estate agent laughed so hard she cried when she told me what happened and I want you to know that Sulphur crested started mimicking her laugh . sadly I had to re home them when I became severly ill and could no longer care for them as I was critically ill , I still miss them to this day LOL.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:44 PM

3,978 posts, read 3,775,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I still miss them to this day LOL.
"I still miss them to this day, HA HA HA HA HA..."

Do you know what LOL means?

Old 01-23-2016, 09:56 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,156,318 times
Excellent post by CheyDee worth a rep. The post prior to this one, not so much.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Excellent post by CheyDee worth a rep. The post prior to this one, not so much.
I don't know why you're picking on me when I am trying to point out the incorrect use of acronyms.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:26 AM

14,785 posts, read 20,866,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
I don't know why you're picking on me when I am trying to point out the incorrect use of acronyms.

Stop trying to be rude and be the correctness police no one appreciates it and you are constantly rude on here the birds forum . Enough already I guess the 15 means your age .

Old 01-25-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Stop trying to be rude and be the correctness police no one appreciates it and you are constantly rude on here the birds forum . Enough already I guess the 15 means your age .
But, did you meant to laugh out loud about missing your birds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds