Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:28 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,318 times

Advertisements

Great stories everyone.
Have had 3 Parakeets, one imitated the outdoor Birds all the time.
They ALL enjoyed it if I put cartoons on the T.V. in the afternoon, all those little sound effects we take for granted they picked up on lol.
And of course when you are on the phone is the time to really chime in naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 PM

278 posts, read 802,324 times
LOL, Summerz, my birds are very fond of "Spongebob". They actually sit on their perch and watch the show....

Old 01-18-2009, 07:15 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,084,252 times
We just got a Mollucan Cockatoo...she is absolutely precious. The DYH Amazon hates her though, so we can't have them out at the same time. Definitely we are done adopting, these two birds are a lot of work! I love them to pieces though, they are so sweet and adorable.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:13 PM

255 posts, read 742,651 times
I have a Sun Conure who is mean he wont let any one touch him he did when we first brought him home he was 4 months old now he is over a year old and he doesn't like any one. I also have a Rose Breasted Cockatoo he is the sweetest thing he likes for you to touch him and he loves to talk we got him when he was 4 months old and he is 10 months now. the next one i would like to get is the Major Mitchel Cockatoo.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,233,318 times
AWE so handsome!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:27 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,470,523 times
Make sure CA allows you to bring all the birds you have in. There are some birds that are not allowed.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:20 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,069,126 times
I have 6 parrots all rescues . they were all in one room in a tiny house my sister had rented the people left them there to die . they absoultly had no water or food . My sister was their landlord and they were some kind of trash let me tell you . the carpet was littered with bird seed looked like they had not cleaned it in months . also all of their beaks and nails had to be trimmed . it was disgusting . Well now they are all well adjusted and love me and only me Im afraid . They all have big wide cages and all have playtops . there are two of them that cannot stand each other so I have to be carefull with them. but when i came home with them i thought my hubby would shoot me .he said he would have shot me if i had not brought them home .

Old 03-17-2009, 08:25 PM

331 posts, read 1,384,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I have three parrots - a sun conure, a blue crown conure and a cockatiel. I had a sulphur crested cockatoo, but she was too much to take care of so a nice older gentleman adopted her from us. When I get back home to CA I will be adding a 20 year old Scarlett Macaw to my flock. I used to bird sit the Macaw and she bonded to me, but hubby wouldn't let me bring her to Texas with me. I can't wait to see her when I get back!!!

These guys are my snuggly little babies!!!
we did have some birds. We had a couple cockatiels. They were so much fun, the one liked to wolf whistle LOL. Sadly, that one when my wife decided to let them out of the cage to fly around and stretch their wings a bit decided to take on the ceiling fan, and lost So we had a lone bird for a few weeks, then she found someone selling cockatiels reasonably priced, so we went and checked them out, and found one that seemed like a fun bird, and liked us. Unfortunately, that bird didn't last for real long, so we still had the lone bird from the original pair. That lasted a couple months before it died from lonliness,
2007 we had a green cheek conure, that bird only lasted 2 weeks so we gave up on birds for a while

Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeNe1965 View Post
I also have a Rose Breasted Cockatoo he is the sweetest thing he likes for you to touch him and he loves to talk we got him when he was 4 months old and he is 10 months now. the next one i would like to get is the Major Mitchel Cockatoo.
He is gorgeous! We had a Moluccan, but at 3 yrs old, he started self mutilating himself. I had handfed him from a baby and he was such a member of our family. I never did quite understand why, but I found him a lovely home w/ other cockatoos and he's quite content there. I'd love to get dh a Rose Breasted someday.

Here's my little Senagal, Argus.

This is Peach, our lovebird.

I recently rehomed my parakeets to a wonderful family for their little girl. Instead of downsizing, I added yet more. I'm such a sucker. This pet store was closing due to a divorce and they specialized in smaller birds.

This is my Linny, Coal. He's one of the coolest little birds I've had.

I got my dd this adorable Rosey Bourke, Coral. She's a dream!

Here's my new baby, finally a blue parrotlet, Azul. I love this little guy! I'm still handfeeding him.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:12 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,471 times
^Great pictures!

I'm on my second parakeet. His name is Lu. Original name was Lulu, thinking the sex was a female, but it turns out she is a he!
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Else In Here Have Birds?-img_1146.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds