Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 08:53 AM

96 posts, read 39,802 times

Advertisements

I bought a bird house and a bird platform that is bigger than the house and open from the front, the bird house is half closed but making it impossible for them to fall. There are nests under my porch and there have always been 2 adult birds living there and only one could get in. So that's why I bought the bird house and bird platform. They been using it and until weeks ago I noticed they have babies there on the platform but I never see them using the bird house, I can't see inside though. I only see them standing on the bird house. On the platform there is a bigger bird that feeds them. Last night there was an outage. Today I woke up and found a baby bird dead on the concrete because it fell. There are more than 1 nest under my porch. I see 3 in total. But the baby bird fell and I just pick it up with a dust pan and left it on the grass because I didn't want to touch it with my hands. What should I do now? Should I go in the platform and move them to the bird house to make sure they don't fall? Do they even sell a product to put under the open bird house (platform) just in case a bird falls out? I am thinking about putting something there. I don't want to touch the birds since they are very small and delicate. That's why I can put them in the bird house. What should I do?

Old 07-01-2017, 02:27 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Leave them alone. The parent birds will resent your presence and the babies might panic and try flying off before they are ready if you try to handle them. However, you might put a big container of dirt or some large potted plants under the platform to cushion the fall of other babies.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds