Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 09:49 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
^^^Thanks for that reminder. There are two posters who seems think they know it all, then their OPINIONS are challenged they get defensive and ****. Its overzealous boosterism at its worst.

I think it is a great compliment to be a booster when I am on the forum of the city that I love.

On the other hand when I come across you on this and other city forums bashing Birmingham for the smallest and silliest things I wonder why you even associate yourself with our city forum.
I suspect it reflects the kind of person you are. I hope your friends realize you are challenged when it comes to loyalty.

That's it for this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 09:59 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
I get what your saying bhamoutlook, but its this notion of well this place should only get this or that based on some petty reason, or people should just accept some second rate BS as if parts of this metro is some third world slum or something. Yeah I understand that the possibility of a place like Ensley or West End getting a Whole Foods or whatever is slim to none, but this broad brushing of entire communities as crime ridden, etc etc like its war zone or something is ridiculous along with this hand wringing and pearl clutching when the mere mention of another retailer coming in is just as ridiculous.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:06 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
I think it is a great compliment to be a booster when I am on the forum of the city that I love.

On the other hand when I come across you on this and other city forums bashing Birmingham for the smallest and silliest things I wonder why you even associate yourself with our city forum.
I suspect it reflects the kind of person you are. I hope your friends realize you are challenged when it comes to loyalty.

That's it for this week.
You wanna give some examples Raj? I'm sorry I'm not some blind overzealous booster. I give credit for what Birmingham it is doing, and will criticize it for what it need to improve on, its called being objective. As for loyalty, I owe no loyalty to a city I happened to be born and raised in.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:14 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
But this ain't about you or your opinions of others, let's get back to the topic please.

I'd rather talk about H&M.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:59 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
Its funny because All of Georgias smaller metros are getting H&M stores

Augusta
Savannah will be getting a large 30,000 square ft store
Columbus

Macon is the only one not getting a store

Old 01-23-2015, 03:14 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,098,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post

Augusta
Columbus

The one in Augusta opened last year and it's over 20,000 SQ. FT.(2 stories)..

Old 01-23-2015, 03:15 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post

Augusta
Columbus

Yeah that's hilarious.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:21 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The one in Augusta opened last year and it's over 20,000 SQ. FT.(2 stories)..
oh yeah back in August 23,000 sqft

Old 01-23-2015, 05:08 PM

779 posts, read 1,009,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
I get what your saying bhamoutlook, but its this notion of well this place should only get this or that based on some petty reason, or people should just accept some second rate BS as if parts of this metro is some third world slum or something. Yeah I understand that the possibility of a place like Ensley or West End getting a Whole Foods or whatever is slim to none, but this broad brushing of entire communities as crime ridden, etc etc like its war zone or something is ridiculous along with this hand wringing and pearl clutching when the mere mention of another retailer coming in is just as ridiculous.
Well, I don't know about all of that. I don't think those neighborhoods should be totally shunned or overlook. But, it's not irrational that they be treated as what they are. Especially in a world controlled by the almighty dollar. I wish people in these under served communities had more options available but I also know that I wouldn't invest my money there... So I'm not surprised when others don't either.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:08 AM

10 posts, read 17,375 times
Levi to open a store at The Outlet Shops of Grand River in Leeds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area