Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 06:53 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,083,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Construction of LIV Parkside by Regions Park as of October 22, 2014
Great shot, thanks for posting. (the first, but my least favorite of Parkside)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 12:12 PM

779 posts, read 1,009,664 times
These large projects always take way too long!!!!! Aaaargh.

LIV is also my least favorite now that L&N is out of the way. (That one had no imagination.) I am getting anxious to see some movement on TJ Tower and Pizitz. Those are such magnificent buildings. I don't think there is any way that nothing would be done with those buildings so I have no reason to fear... At this point I think they will be something. Restored hotel? Apartments? Office? Even if current plans fall through, I have a feeling that someone will do something with them.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:21 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamoutlook View Post
These large projects always take way too long!!!!! Aaaargh.

LIV is also my least favorite now that L&N is out of the way. (That one had no imagination.) I am getting anxious to see some movement on TJ Tower and Pizitz. Those are such magnificent buildings. I don't think there is any way that nothing would be done with those buildings so I have no reason to fear... At this point I think they will be something. Restored hotel? Apartments? Office? Even if current plans fall through, I have a feeling that someone will do something with them.
Well, a lot of the work on both buildings is inside, not outside.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:32 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
I wish all the petty lawsuits and NIMBYs would stop c blocking the Highland Tower.

Then, I'd love to know what exactly Alabama Power has in store for the Steam Plant.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, a lot of the work on both buildings is inside, not outside.
I understand that but I drive by both places quite often and have never seen any type of activity from the outside of the building. Maybe that's typical but I would expect to see crews walking in and out... and probably trucks all around it. Garbage being disposed? Etc.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I wish all the petty lawsuits and NIMBYs would stop c blocking the Highland Tower.

Then, I'd love to know what exactly Alabama Power has in store for the Steam Plant.
Can you update us on that? What's the nature of the lawsuits? Who's doing it? I don't think there has been any news about it.

I'm also anxious to see real plans for the steam plant. But at least they're already moving forward with something.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:51 AM

I'm assuming that the almost complete digging up of Powell Avenue between Nineteenth and Twentieth South would be upgrading sewer lines for the Powell Station. ?

Old 10-27-2014, 08:57 AM

BABALU is now open at 29seven, and it is a great place. Lots of atmosphere good food and drink, Lucy and Ricky on a big screen, and last but not least, really well trained staff that could not be friendlier, who are engaging on all levels.

Coming soon next door, the Escape Game. One can work up an appetite trying to escape and then go to BABALU, or go first and then throw up while going through the angst of phobias trying to escape. (sounds like a well rounded evening)

Old 10-27-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamoutlook View Post
Can you update us on that? What's the nature of the lawsuits? Who's doing it? I don't think there has been any news about it.

I'm also anxious to see real plans for the steam plant. But at least they're already moving forward with something.
I think this could best be described as squabbles with some neighbors. Sometimes when people have had free access to someone else's property, they forget that they have no legal entitlement.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:56 PM

Bristol's apt. complex on Clairmont Avenue across from Highland Golf Course is on track for early 2015 construction.

The design is , I believe, a welcome change with its subtle mid-century details. It is also the first project to truly bring the urban and transitional residential areas into contact. I think it strikes a nice density to the street line.

Clairmont apartment development to break ground in 2015 - Birmingham Business Journal

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area