Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 03:14 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times

Advertisements

20 Midtown.

Downtown Publix development gets name, new renderings | AL.com

Quote:
The development at 3rd Avenue South and 20th Street will be more than 200,000 square feet, about a third larger than developers originally anticipated, the developers told AL.com this week.
RGS Properties' Dick Schmalz and Scott Bryant of Scott M. Bryant & Co. also announced the name of the project that will bring Publix downtown: 20 Midtown.
The developers will go before the Birmingham Design Review Committee Jan. 28 to seek approval for the preliminary Publix designs. They have applied for a demolition permit and hope to start demolition by February, and still aim for the Publix to open in summer 2016.
It is good to hear a major development like this growing in size then previously stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 03:32 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,517 times
Totally impressed with the fleshed out design concept.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:40 PM

Yes indeed. It looks really good. It should encourage a lot of development on its own.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:43 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times
Here is a picture from Liv Parkside as of January 30. For reference, I posted a picture from this same angle in this thread back in October (post #383 in this thread).

I am guessing it will be ready for occupancy by the end of the year, although I think the target is summer which is pretty ambitious since it still has several more floors to add.
Attached Thumbnails
New or upcoming projects in the Birmingham Metro Area-livparkside_2015jan30.png  

Old 01-30-2015, 06:19 PM

779 posts, read 1,010,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Here is a picture from Liv Parkside as of January 30. For reference, I posted a picture from this same angle in this thread back in October (post #383 in this thread).

I am guessing it will be ready for occupancy by the end of the year, although I think the target is summer which is pretty ambitious since it still has several more floors to add.
They NEED to have it ready by the summer for a successful lease up. Otherwise, it could take them a long time. I think they can do it. It seemed like much of the delay was underground. Didn't they build an underground parking deck or something?

Old 01-31-2015, 01:43 PM

302 posts, read 335,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamoutlook View Post
They NEED to have it ready by the summer for a successful lease up. Otherwise, it could take them a long time. I think they can do it. It seemed like much of the delay was underground. Didn't they build an underground parking deck or something?
It has one floor of underground parking but the holdup was caused by the harsh geological conditions below ground. 201 piles had to be drilled to reach bedrock of inconsistent depths.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:40 PM

So what's cooking in Irondale?

Irondale redevelopment plans worry long-time residents | AL.com

Quote:
Despite sentiments like Parker's, at least three developers including Hutton and Tortorigi's client, Birmingham-based Development Company LLC, appear to see dollar signs in developing Roebuck Plaza. Rumors have circled that a big-box retailer may have signed on to one or more of the development schemes, but none have been publicly named as such.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:07 AM

The Florentine is complete.

Downtown's Florentine building renovation unveiled - Birmingham Business Journal

Quote:
It's the first completed project out of the eight Birmingham projects that were initially approved to receive Alabama's new tax credit for historic renovations.

Corretti Catering is moving to the Florentine building, along with its 45 employees. The 23,000-square-foot building will also contain a lunchtime restaurant and a social event space.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:34 PM

Finally, something is taking the place of that ghastly Friday's at Perimeter park...

Texas-based Perry's Steakhouse & Grille to take spot of former TGI Friday's - Birmingham Business Journal

Quote:
The City of Birmingham will vote this week on an incentives packages that could bring Houston, Texas-based Perry's Steakhouse & Grille to the site of the former TGI Friday's.
Located at 4 Perimeter Park South, the 8,900-square-foot building is situated along U.S. 280 near the I-459 intersection.
The total cost of tenant improvements that will bring Perry's Steakhouse & Grille to the Magic City is estimated at $5 million, according to this week's city council agenda

Old 02-02-2015, 02:12 PM

779 posts, read 1,010,156 times
I wish it was Friday's coming back. I can't believe that the entire metro area doesn't have one. I don't really like chains... But I have had a love affair with Friday's for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area