Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 07:15 AM

768 posts, read 2,100,572 times

Advertisements

I saw your pics of your kitchen--gorgeous crimson walls, I am amazed you got that color in 2 coats with no primer. My attempt at red walls was a disaster despite tinted primer and FIVE coats of paint.

You said you were painting the cabinets black--have you finished yet? Please share pictures, I'd love to see them!

I've also enjoyed looking at the pictures of your house and the historic house that is for sale. Gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 AM

629 posts, read 3,598,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDayNow View Post
I saw your pics of your kitchen--gorgeous crimson walls, I am amazed you got that color in 2 coats with no primer. My attempt at red walls was a disaster despite tinted primer and FIVE coats of paint.

You said you were painting the cabinets black--have you finished yet? Please share pictures, I'd love to see them!

I've also enjoyed looking at the pictures of your house and the historic house that is for sale. Gorgeous!

I think the guy who played the gay decorator in Beetlejuice is buying the Victorian home down the street. He is from Alabama and looked at it this weekend. We have not painted our cabinets yet, we have decided to replace the doors first with beadboard doors before painting............as soon as we do I'll post pix of them! Thanx for the nice comments. If you want to view more homes in our area you can visit our myspace page.............the address is in my profile..........

Old 10-21-2007, 12:55 PM

You asked for it ! The below photos show the progression of our kitchen from the day we moved in until this Sunday. We are half way done with the cabinets and are very pleased with how they are turning out. The great thing is, after deciding to strip the vinyl off our existing doors and paint them, we only have $130 bucks in the entire project.!

http://http://a503.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/118/l_21897b04f638b4e69a7d6cb6700633e6.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Wow, what a change! I'd wondered what the poochy look to the door was, good for you for stripping off the vinyl and using what was there. You guys have done an awesome job. I like the new hardware and the use of a different color for the wall cabinets.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDayNow View Post
and the use of a different color for the wall cabinets.
No..........the wall cabinets have not been painted. Thats what they look like after we pulled the white vinyl off. They will be black like the bottom ones!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Whew, I'm glad about the wall cabinets being painted black, too. (Since your wife works with paint I had thought maybe she was following a new trend she had seen.)

Are you using latex or oil-based? We had considered painting our cabinets but never could decide between the two. (We're replacing them, instead. They were cheesy and looked like someone's high school shop project. Paint wouldn't change that! lol) I'd be interested in knowing what you chose to use.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 AM

It is Latex Iron Clad for Metal & Wood, pre-mixed black...product number is 363 80. It is a self-primimg product... Benjamin Moore of course! Lowes had the door pulls on sale for .50 each and the cup pulls for the drawers were $4.97 each at Lowes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area