Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 08:10 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,045 times

Advertisements

The new WEST ELM locating to the Summit next to URBAN OUTFITTERS is now hiring and should be making their formal announcement soon.

Two other spaces are building out, one being rather large; it should be interesting to see who else is coming. Jeffrey Bayer seems to have no problem filling empty space immediately. God bless him.

raj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,287,954 times
Very cool. I always thought we should have had a West Elm by now. Maybe Crate & Barrel in the other space?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
Very cool. I always thought we should have had a West Elm by now. Maybe Crate & Barrel in the other space?
You are correct. I would rather have a WEST ELM and a CRATE AND BARREL than an IKEA. It is so hyped. It is like a walmart that sells mostly furniture. Of course I'll welcome anything that grows our market. lol..............

Funny thing is we never showed up on the coming soon lisit for WE. (it is still St. Louis) And then zoom the construction wall it up. Jeffrey Bayer is really good at what he does.

raj

Old 07-20-2013, 10:39 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Yeah, I had never heard of West Elm but their site looks cool. Will have to check it out. Sooo many furniture stores seem to fail and move on I'm guessing this one has a really good niche and pricing scheme and presentation to be attracted to the Summit and vice versa. And yes, IKEA has been waaaay too overhyped. If they come great, if we're too small fine. Rooms2go, Ashley, havertys and now this place have all that I need covered.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:12 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,287,954 times
West Elm is geared toward contemporary, somewhat small spaces. Loft and apartment dwellers are their main market. And we really haven't had anything like that here before, so it will be a nice addition.

And don't slam my IKEA too much, raj. I lurv me some IKEA (my kitchen is IKEA). But the quality does vary depending on what you're looking at. I get to the ATL IKEA a couple of times a year, and that's plenty for me.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
West Elm is geared toward contemporary, somewhat small spaces. Loft and apartment dwellers are their main market. And we really haven't had anything like that here before, so it will be a nice addition.

And don't slam my IKEA too much, raj. I lurv me some IKEA (my kitchen is IKEA). But the quality does vary depending on what you're looking at. I get to the ATL IKEA a couple of times a year, and that's plenty for me.
@Jakabedy..............ok you can have your IKEA. I think is should be the center piece of a new WILDWOOD re-development .

Now go have some curry.

raj

Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah, I had never heard of West Elm but their site looks cool. Will have to check it out. Sooo many furniture stores seem to fail and move on I'm guessing this one has a really good niche and pricing scheme and presentation to be attracted to the Summit and vice versa. And yes, IKEA has been waaaay too overhyped. If they come great, if we're too small fine. Rooms2go, Ashley, havertys and now this place have all that I need covered.

Another smart thing about the location is that it will get people out of their cars and walk. (have you ever noticed how few people actually walk at the Summit. Sad) Anyway It will be less than a city block from POTTERY BARN, so I think its a no brainer that there will be a lot of cross shopping in that section.

And, that has been the weakest section of the Summit, so maybe it can find itself now. A lot of work on the big SWOOZIE space, (original) but still no info on what it is. It could easily be H&M. Just the right size, not too small like the one in Hville.

We shall see; a big fall of new retail and end of the year announcements coming. I don't know about you guys but I am getting a lot of NORDSTROM card promos in email. This usually happens prior to a coming store , not after one opens. (as in the rack)

raj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area