Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2019, 02:24 PM

346 posts, read 265,316 times

Advertisements

I think this is the fourth or fifth "what's the latest on the third building for 20 Midtown?" but here we are again... Surely with everything else going on at Parkside and UAB this will get moving.

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh..._news_headline

"RGS Properties' Dick Schmalz, who is partnering with Scott Bryant of Scott M. Bryant & Co. on 20 Midtown, said the team hopes to be back under construction in two to three months.

Schmalz had told the BBJ back in July that the team had delayed construction because the team was exploring new avenues to finance the third building in the development.

At that point, Schmalz said the team had identified at path forward with a new financing mechanism. Construction will resume once that path is finalized."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 03:43 PM

2,448 posts, read 2,232,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmx1 View Post
So Newks in Cahaba Village and Inverness surprisingly closed down all of the sudden. Strange. I wonder what will replace them.
that is strange... the one in cahaba village always seemed to be relatively busy.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccity3 View Post
I think this is the fourth or fifth "what's the latest on the third building for 20 Midtown?" but here we are again... Surely with everything else going on at Parkside and UAB this will get moving.

"RGS Properties' Dick Schmalz, who is partnering with Scott Bryant of Scott M. Bryant & Co. on 20 Midtown, said the team hopes to be back under construction in two to three months.

Schmalz had told the BBJ back in July that the team had delayed construction because the team was exploring new avenues to finance the third building in the development.

At that point, Schmalz said the team had identified at path forward with a new financing mechanism. Construction will resume once that path is finalized."
i really hope this is true, and this doesn't get delayed even further (or cancelled). seems odd for it to have stopped right in the middle of foundation work. such a high profile site.

Old 11-15-2019, 05:08 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
i really hope this is true, and this doesn't get delayed even further (or cancelled). seems odd for it to have stopped right in the middle of foundation work. such a high profile site.

Commercial real estate financing is tricky. I can totally see how it would happen.

Old 11-16-2019, 12:35 PM

Woodlawn Theatre is coming sometime next year:

https://www.woodlawntheatrebham.com

Check out their Instagram and hear Will Mason talk about it.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:04 AM

https://ironcity.ink/neck-of-the-woo...oundup-nov-19/

"Property owner Dr. Ingrid Straeter-Knowlen has requested that the zoning at 2114 10th Ave. S. in Five Points South be changed from B-3, community business district, to MU-H, mixed-use high. The request was filed by Robert Bruner."

I'm not super knowledgeable about zoning, but would this seem to indicate another taller development in Five Points?

Old 11-20-2019, 10:28 AM

450 posts, read 336,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccity3 View Post
https://ironcity.ink/neck-of-the-woo...oundup-nov-19/

"Property owner Dr. Ingrid Straeter-Knowlen has requested that the zoning at 2114 10th Ave. S. in Five Points South be changed from B-3, community business district, to MU-H, mixed-use high. The request was filed by Robert Bruner."

I'm not super knowledgeable about zoning, but would this seem to indicate another taller development in Five Points?
I thought that building was slated to be a new vet clinic?

Old 11-20-2019, 11:55 AM

450 posts, read 336,237 times
Anyone know the plans for the building next to Fleetio on 19th St N? Saw it being worked on yesterday.

Old 11-20-2019, 03:20 PM

i can't read the article, but the headline is great news:

Developer eyes mixed-use project at Masonic Temple in city center

this building: Masonic Temple

beautiful building across the street from the Carver Theatre. glad to see development advancing west.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:38 PM

Long BBJ article about the BJCTA:

I do think it is now in better hands, but unfortunately BRT won't be ready for the World Games it seems.

"He said the city is currently designing and building the BRT, and once it is complete, the BJCTA will maintain and operate the service. We previously reported the city hoped to have the project complete ahead of the World Games in 2021, but Martin said it likely won’t come online until spring 2022. He said the BJCTA will adjust its MAX service to complement the BRT’s 10-mile alignment from Woodlawn to the CrossPlex."

I don't think we should rush development for the World Games, but it is disappointing that 2 big projects in the city won't be ready for an event they could help with so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area