Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 11:09 AM

2,446 posts, read 2,230,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Ah. Thanks. You really should have asked the pilot to loop over Parkside so you could get a better photo. Try to do better next time.
ha! i do wonder if there's a way to predict which flight path a return flight will take. since i usually fly delta, i almost always come back to BHM through ATL. however, i'm not sure what dictates whether we land from the east (which is pretty mundane) or the west (which provides the scenic view of downtown).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 12:54 PM

666 posts, read 515,752 times
I know this isn't the Hville thread but I hear they're getting a Main Event Entertainment. They've expanded a lot over the past several years and wondering if there's any word on Bham getting one or not.

Old 01-27-2021, 01:07 PM

1,017 posts, read 638,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Ah. Thanks. You really should have asked the pilot to loop over Parkside so you could get a better photo. Try to do better next time.
I usually just knock on the door and tell them about my Flight Simulator 2020 experience. That usually does the trick and they just scoot over and let me have a turn. Now that I know you guys want pictures I'll make sure I get some next time.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:31 AM

346 posts, read 265,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalumni01 View Post
So let's recap since the start of 2020, logistic/distributions facilities getting built..

Lowe's
Carvana
FedEx
Amazon 2 Bessemer
Amazon 3 Birmingham
Amazon 4 Bessemer
Auto Supplier Mobis
Buffalo Rock
Amazon 5 Birmingham
Auto Supplier Valeo
It appears Amazon isn't too worried about the union forming at their distribution facility.

Old 01-28-2021, 12:02 PM

how many of these amazon facilities are "last mile" / fulfillment centers, and how many are more regional (or even national) distribution facilities or warehouses?

the latter would point to our success as a logistics hubs. the "last mile" facilities just make it easier for amazon to get their stuff to people already in the birmingham area.

Old 01-28-2021, 01:47 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,165,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
how many of these amazon facilities are "last mile" / fulfillment centers, and how many are more regional (or even national) distribution facilities or warehouses?

the latter would point to our success as a logistics hubs. the "last mile" facilities just make it easier for amazon to get their stuff to people already in the birmingham area.
That's what fulfillment centers are, a distribution facility. Amazon has 110 of them in the country.

Old 01-28-2021, 02:55 PM

666 posts, read 515,752 times
Quote:
That's what fulfillment centers are, a distribution facility. Amazon has 110 of them in the country.
What's the difference in all of these? Is one better than another? What's the difference in these and fulfillment centers?

Old 01-28-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
right. i guess my point is... are these for local distribution or regional/national?

Old 01-28-2021, 08:53 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,165,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
right. i guess my point is... are these for local distribution or regional/national?
Majority locally. There is one in Mobile and one in Theodore. Several in Tennessee and Georgia and one planned for Mississippi. So I assume the one in Bessemer is for the Bham metro plus perhaps further north, west (tuscaloosa, fayette, lamar counties and maybe into mississippi) east (etowah, talladega, calhoun counties) and south (clanton, autauga, coosa and maybe montgomery counties).

Old 01-28-2021, 09:14 PM

Construction begins on new townhome development in Southside

A long-awaited residential project in Southside is coming out of the ground.

Work is underway on CityView Terrace Town Homes and one unit has already sold.

It’s a project by Future Birmingham Properties LLC, which includes Hunter Benton of LMS Real Estate Investment Management and Blake Schultz of Arc Realty. The team acquired the property a couple years ago and began work on the development in 2019, as we reported.

Gardner Architects is the designer, and WS Services is the builder.

Located at 1600 16th Ave. S., the seven townhomes are going for about $420,000. Each three-story unit comes with 1,400 square feet of finished space on the second and third floors with the option of building out about 700 square feet of unfinished space in the basement. The townhomes include a living room, two bedrooms, and two and a half bathrooms. Each unit comes with its own driveway.

“Five Points South has always had a vibrant mix of housing options providing people at all stages in life something they want to call home,” said Stephen Foster, president of the Five Points South Neighborhood Association. “It will be another great addition to Five Points South to see what developers are willing to bring to the neighborhood.”

The new development is coming online as Birmingham’s hot housing market with its low inventory continues to drive up prices, generating a need for this type of product.

“Not only is inventory low but the inventory that is out there, specifically in Southside, is predominately older and historic in some instances,” Schultz said. “There’s very few new product, and the ones that are sell immediately if they even come on the market.”

In addition to projects like these, Schultz said their team is involved in redeveloping properties in low-income areas on northside by Carraway.

“We do have a passion for helping redevelop and urbanize some areas that have been ignored or neglected for a long time,” he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area