Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 08:30 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamguy View Post
No foot dragging this time Tattersall Park. This should be good...3 developer's, all with their eyes on the same prize. I feel that Waltchack and Bayer are going to have to almost work together. From the layout, Tattersall may have the next Costco, becauseI ccan't think of anything else that size, having a gas station. With that said, I am sure that the most sought out retailers, hotels, and entertainment options will finally be able to enter the market. I am certain Bayer will have the top picks though.
Yeah, I agree. Bayer, I think, is the strongest of the three and will have the pick of the litter. Waltchack would need to work with them, or just go after those that Bayer culls. I still think Costco would want to locate in Trussville in Roebuck Gardens but they are still having issues getting all the property they need from holdouts I imagine. As covered up as the Hoover Costco is, definitely another 1, or maybe 2 is warranted. I also wonder if that is a new/current plan they are showing, or the old one from over a decade ago.

Being right up under Greystone, and with so many other middle of the road shopping centers around, I think this center would have to focus on high end retailers to stand out. I don't see even 280 supporting another Inverness Corners or Lee Branch, or the others like those. This one needs to have some first to market tenants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 10:12 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Yeah, I agree. Bayer, I think, is the strongest of the three and will have the pick of the litter. Waltchack would need to work with them, or just go after those that Bayer culls. I still think Costco would want to locate in Trussville in Roebuck Gardens but they are still having issues getting all the property they need from holdouts I imagine. As covered up as the Hoover Costco is, definitely another 1, or maybe 2 is warranted. I also wonder if that is a new/current plan they are showing, or the old one from over a decade ago.

Being right up under Greystone, and with so many other middle of the road shopping centers around, I think this center would have to focus on high end retailers to stand out. I don't see even 280 supporting another Inverness Corners or Lee Branch, or the others like those. This one needs to have some first to market tenants.

This is definitely the newer (how new) , current plan. The original was really something to be excited about. This is just typical Hoover style development. Definitely all about cars. But also, it is limited in retail. A lot of residential and freestanding businesses, many of which are not retail. Such as the very nice looking med clinic that just opened out there in the fall. (that is when they started laying out the roadways)

I did notice too, that anchor A has a gas station component right in the middle of the development. How upscale is that. If it is not Costco, then it could be a Super Kroger, which also has the gas stations. Kroger is in the state, so it seems hard to ignore over thirty percent of the population just in this one area. However, with what we have, I don't think Kroger is something I have missed since they left the area forty years ago. They will have to work very hard if they come here. Any great store built at Greystone would do well if its a best example of their business.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preguntas View Post
This is definitely the newer (how new) , current plan. The original was really something to be excited about. This is just typical Hoover style development. Definitely all about cars. But also, it is limited in retail. A lot of residential and freestanding businesses, many of which are not retail. Such as the very nice looking med clinic that just opened out there in the fall. (that is when they started laying out the roadways)

Yeah, that is a bit disappointing. It seems like it is relegating itself to being more of a neighborhood shopping center, rather than a destination type center. Once the announce the main anchor tenant, I suppose it will all become clearer.

There's a lot going on it seems. We're still waiting to hear what Brookwood is going to do..as in what tenants they will announce for their remodel - along with the AT&T property and Colonnade.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:18 AM

.............and Patchwork Farms

That is going to be a much larger Publix than Overton Road, so it has my interest.

............and Lane Parke

Which is going to have some interesting new to market restaurant selections. In addition to what I believe is going to be a fairly exciting Western Market with its mezzanine level.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:26 AM

Ah yes. Lane Parke has a lot of potential. I read somewhere how the new apartment complex is already doing very well with leasing units. The hotel is of course 1st class. And the two cities are working together on making the area more walkable between the zoo and the botanical gardens and LP. Seems to be all positives in all aspects of its development.

Patchwork Farms seems like it is being boosted up and pushed forward by the hospital and the new employees moving to the Colonnade too. Like you said in the other thread, 280/459 Perimeter Park is developing into an edge city. Spot on.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:25 AM

522 posts, read 846,500 times
So far at Lane Parke! It won't be long until phase 1, Retail, opens.

UPDATED: New and Upcoming Projects.-12891530_896394460459804_5904658179850782101_o.jpeg

UPDATED: New and Upcoming Projects.-13600008_952896564809593_624219694102012207_n.jpeg

UPDATED: New and Upcoming Projects.-13606641_952896371476279_387533775856252704_n.jpeg

UPDATED: New and Upcoming Projects.-13606917_952896434809606_8397444382524879146_n.jpeg

Old 07-22-2016, 08:57 AM

The Leer/Cabana/TJ is nearing completion.

See what Bear Bryant's old suite looks like today as part of Thomas Jefferson Tower redevelopment | AL.com

Quote:
The building includes 96 units, about 70 percent of them are one-bedroom units. Amenities include a gym, stainless steel appliances, washer dryer units and a farmer's market that will come to the building's basement. Floor plans range from 472 square feet to 1,570 square feet.
The building's history is what drove the project's aesthetic, Beshara said.
"What we were going for was something that married the 1920s and the 2020s," Beshara said. "We wanted something that respects the history and timelessness of the building."
As of Wednesday, 16 of the units were already leased sight unseen, Beshara said. He said it's a testament to the city's excitement about the project.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:05 PM

2,448 posts, read 2,231,492 times
dumb question... surely the exterior is getting touched up, too... right? I know having lights on and new windows will help, but it's still looking a little tired. maybe that will be the final thing to get done.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:32 PM

I thought that too, but I figured it was just me and that maybe that was what classic Spanish Revival was "supposed" to look like.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:52 PM

The exterior is under going chemical cleaning right now removing paint, and restoration of some lower windows that can't and shouldn't be replaced with replacements of all the above windows.
Being mostly brick, with terra cotta trim, the exterior does not require the work that you see at Pizitz.
Painting and finishing the mooring mast and exterior lighting should make for a surprising and amazing change to what we see right now.

LOL>>>I also think this article is premature and shamelessly promoting leasing. This building will not be finished till the end of the year. But sure, if you want to move in September they'll give you a key.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area